Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Im ready to start my business

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

I passed my driving test today ! YESSSSS lol /emoticons/wink.png

I will have a astra estate van with trolley system 25L & several containers. I prefer trolleyu over van mount.

I am going to meet a window cleaner sometime this week and check his trolley stem out hes got a prue freedom one.

Am looking for a decent astra im willing to spend up to 3K I can get a 58 plate with 60/70k miles for around 3K with one owner with service history which is decent. I dont like buying cars with several owners and high milage.

Where would you all start out from if u were in my position ?

Would you go canvassing now ? would you get your van in first etc ? get your equipment sorted first ?

I am looking to order my business cards from vistaprint tomorrow. and then look at the equipment and get it ordered before the end of the week /emoticons/wink.png

I am planning on dropping 1,000 cards per day. I can do this.... i know it sounds hard.... but i can do this... in 1 day. i will also have help from my brother who will go shotting cards out with me.

I will be looking at getting a website made this week aswell. and setting up my facebook page.

Its a lot to do but surely it will pay off /emoticons/smile.png

tell me what you think lads

register self employed

pay ni

get public liability

get flyers made

get van + system

then once you got most of these in place then look for work

if you look for work atm you wont have time to sort the van out ect

What welshcleaner said, stupid to look for work without a system. Will look very unprofessional if they say ok to you doing it and you reply with ok when I get my equipment il do it

Congratulations on your test mate!. Definitely get your system 1st before starting canvassing, thats a no brainer!

Congratulations on your test. Hang on to that license it's your livelihood now.

Advice for the future. If you're sending out leaflets use a spell check and proofread /emoticons/wink.png

I always spell check and proofread... i always make sure i put the capital letters in the right places... lol when i post on here its different... i dont check what i wrote /emoticons/tongue.png i just click post reply lol ..... but thanks and yeah i will be up and running within 2 weeks /emoticons/smile.png

well done mate congratz. I wouldn't think 1000 per day is a sensible expectation. Try not to come up with target like that, it really doesn't matter how many you get out, just get out as often as you can while your idle. I would recommend canvassing in the evenings as well though, as this would bring in more customers.

Put the website aside until you have things up and running at least, I think it was about 4 years after starting before I got a website sorted. It is worth it, but you'll have allot of other things to sort first.

Regards

Ladder

I would say get yourself wheels and your system set up before scouting for work.

1.7d Astra van would be great!

They say you get around 3% feedback from flyer drops, so 1000 would mean 30 calls, don't get your hopes up on this. I have delivered 1000s of flyers and only had 1 or 2 calls.. I rarely just drop them now, I just call get my answer there and then and call to the next house.

Try searching for local selling/advert pages on facebook, I have got quite alot of work from random posts on different pages.

Iv been cleaning for 5 years and still no website these aren't essential.

Good luck pal

Funny u say that about Facebook BC I got 4 off the selling pages yesterday /emoticons/tongue.png seems once one person answers you add people follow

from an advertising point of view you can just knock doors with flyer or bussiness cards

depends what sort of work your looking for

i like having a website

flyers

shop windows

and referrals are my fav lol:p

i'm going to try the local news paper for 2/3 months

and also a few signs on walls where there is other type of advertisement

but knocking doors is the best :]

Im getting 10 posters and going to put them in shops /emoticons/smile.png and i have to have a website ready before i send my business cards out because.... my website is on my business card and what if people go on to check it out ? lol it looks unprofessional when its not working /emoticons/wink.png

And i want to do 1,000 per day /emoticons/smile.png Why ? ? Because if i have a specific target it will make me work harder... were as if you dont have a target... and you go out you will do a few hundred and return home lol.... where as when i step out of my house.... i say to m yself right am shotting 1K cards out... no matter what thats when i come back home lol... u gotta be disciplined when it comes to work like this /emoticons/wink.png

Also my dad and a few people in my family drive taxis.... on the dashboard.... they have a card holder with the taxi business cards.... im going to take them out... and put my window cleaning business cards in their /emoticons/wink.png lool

1000 cards is do-able, in like terrace streets with 100s of houses in a row but for big detached houses with drive ways, opening and closing gates etc you will need a hand to do 1000..

Good luck anyways pal

1000 cards is really hard work on your feet, I have tried it. A more realistic goal is 500 a day. After that your feet start feeling the pain.

I set a goal to drop 1000 cards a week and have been near my target for almost 4 months now, give or take a few weeks, but I do have a full time job as well.

I have got through over 10 000 cards and almost finished dropping on the local area but I am in south London so I have another 100 000 houses to go still.

My goal was 50 000 cards this year and 200 customers. I have 75 customers and 1 commercial job.

It starts of slow but just keep going no matter what, it gets addictive when you realise that you are earning you own money.

I calculated yesterday that I earn £12 an hour in my PAYE job and £20 on my window cleaning job. no brainer. As soon as I have enought customers to cover the bills I am going SOLO full time.

Back