Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

when first setting up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

StorminNorman

Looking back now to June when I first decided to go full time window cleaning and I can see that I went a bit shopping mad.

My setup atm:

2008 Kangoo van (600kg payload) fitted with 350L tank from Surecleansystems for pure

25ft alu pole from Facelift (fitted with univalve and mainly used now for spraying ubik on gfs)

35ft pole from Gardiner (fitted with univalve) and mainly used as a 25ft with 2 sections sitting in the van.

Superlite sill brush from Gardiner fitted with fan jets (for cladding and GFS jobs mainly)

Superlite sill brush from Gardiner with pencil jets for first cleans

Xtreme mixed bristle brush from Gardiner for maintenance cleans

Facelift brush that came with the kit and still brand new as never used (dont like it)

BigBoy backpack from Facelift mounted on a trolley from Homebase with a reel fitted with 50m pole hose)

LiteBoy backpack from Facelift for houses I have to go thru to get to the back.

600L IBC tank for storing pure

450 gallons a day RO system with prefilters and DI at the end to produce the pure (380ppm here and it produces about 300L in 24H)

10L unbranded (e-bay) weed sprayer with a hand pump for UBIK application.

1400w gutter vac with alu poles to reach up to 27 feet.

14" Moerman Excelerator for inside cleans (love it! In fact since I got it I am advertising inside cleans as well! /emoticons/smile.png )

10"/12"/14" Unger squeegees

12" Unger applicator

10L UBIK

250ml Fairy

80 microfibre cloth

Spares: microbore fittings, hose, brush fittings, o rings, goseneck.

5x25L drums (now for sale as using only the tank in the van)

And to be honest there is only one mistake I made when first setting up - the aluminium poles on the gutter vac. Had no idea it is gonna be so popular here as I am doing at least 5 gutter jobs per week and it is a great earner. Aluminium poles are heavy!

But in all fairness all I needed to get off the rat race and start my own business was a car, Renegade deal from facelift, 12" unger squeegee and applicator, ROI+DI, 5x25L drums and Nike runners to do the canvassing, smile and hard work.

Hope this will help someone who is just looking into starting they new window cleaning business.

Back