Good van?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by slippy, Aug 5, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. slippy

slippy Well-Known Member

Wanted a van with three seats in front- one for child seat, one for missus on the rare occasion she needed me to give her a lift with 19 month old. Small enough to park in my awkward/small parking spaces where I live, bulk head so water doesn't fly forward if little one is in there and big enough to carry poles a mower and other tools as well as wfp stuff, obviously I could take poles out and put gardening or other tools in when needed. I have a garage for storage.

Money- willing to pay for a cheap an old banger or if it's good up to £5500.

Advertisement
  2. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I just ordered a new Renault Trafic today, been a good year so treating myself.

My current one is a 2008 Trafic SWB and that's going up for sale as soon as my new one is ready. Has a 500L 2 man system with RO & DI and the three seats in the front you need. Loads of space for extra power washers, mowers etc.

So my advice is get a Trafic (or Vivaro, or Primastar, they are all the same van)

Some will say they have issues with this and that but that's true of any van. This one however runs and drives a treat and has loads of service history and just last week flew through it's MOT with 1 advisory! My number plate was on the dash board so he told me to screw it back on! :))

3. jason1965

jason1965 Member

I like you green are thinking of a new van, did you buy it from main dealer ? franchise, or independent trader, so many options all a bit confusing, what version have you got ? and what is the payload ? did you get long wheel base or standard.

4. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I got the LWB sport model which comes with the upgraded springs so can take 250kg more. Getting it from main dealer.

5. jason1965

jason1965 Member

cheers green

6. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Nice. Better share some pics of that when you get it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

7. Hunty

Hunty Active Member

Slippy, I like the look of the Peugeot Expert or the fiat scudo etc (there are four different brands that do the same van), nice van decent payload (up to 1200 I think) and smallish.

If cheap and cheerful I think a ldv maxus is still way to go as ex post office has low mileage but bodywork is a bit shabby but for 2.5k you can get something that's 10 years old has done 65k miles but needs a respray, well within budget and not a banger!!
    Good luck with the hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

8. WW2015

WW2015 Member

Based on what you have said Slippy a Nissan NV200 might suit you, its smaller than a SWB vivaro, Peugeot expert etc. but still big enough for everything you need.

Drawback is the payload, 739kg but you can still have a 400L tank or so.

Its also pretty cheap!

9. slippy

slippy Well-Known Member

Has it got 3 seats?

10. slippy

slippy Well-Known Member

The Peugeot looks good. Is it a bit long for parking in small spaces? Also, the 3 seats in the front. If you had a kids chair in one seat could my girlfriend sit next to him or would the chair take up too much space?

Advertisement