Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Business Networking

WCF

Help Support WCF:

M.K Cleaners.co.uk

I got my first metting today, Guess what time they meet up? Half 6 in the morning. Everyone has to be seated for 7. The metting last til 8. Thats every Thrursday.

Theres a lot of trade people there.

Painters, Carpetcleaners joiners etc

Good luck pal..where or how do you find these parties? Lol
Linkedin

OMG!!!

I left before it had even started!

Heres what happned, I went in met the pople that were there. One guy the lawyer. Takes not who has suits on and who doesnt? The people that have suits are professionals the people who dont are trade people. I got talking to a carpet cleaner friendly old guy. He asks if I want tea, SO he comes back with cofer. I HATE coffe. I have to drink it, I dont want to be rude after all he made it for me. The lawyer starts talking about his court cases and how etc etc. Then I meet another few nice people. Some which I would normally talk to. I find it very difficult to hold a conversation with them so I got back and sit my the carpet cleaner dude. We start chatting about window cleaner and how he use to be a window cleaner. This was cool. This guy walks in and over to the table so I introduce my self. He sort of turned his nose up at me. by this time I was pretty ****** lol. I take it you and the carpet cleaning guy )cant remember his name) are friends? I said no. I just met him today. Whith a suprised face and snobby accent he said ''Oh'' Then we all started talking about window cleaning. BOOM! ''you shouldne be using a ladder its againts H&S laws'' Thats was the final straw for me!!! I activated the fake call on my mobile..... I shouted, I think my girlfriened has just went in to labour. Ill have to go, I ran all the way top my van, and sped off!

NEVER AGAIN!

they are not all like that! dont let them put you off going to another one.

there are alot of them out there that are for the snobby business men, there is one that is held at a restuarant that i clean, but the have a window clener in that group already and tell you what he is busy with all the other members business and companies.

its all about chosing the right group. have a look about to see if there are any small ones going on, i have been to 2 of them and they are great.

try ans stay clear of the BNI one's as they cost a lot to join they start around £500-£600 a year then ou have to pay at each meeting too, but they do work and get you business.

they are not all like that! dont let them put you off going to another one.

there are alot of them out there that are for the snobby business men, there is one that is held at a restuarant that i clean, but the have a window clener in that group already and tell you what he is busy with all the other members business and companies.

its all about chosing the right group. have a look about to see if there are any small ones going on, i have been to 2 of them and they are great.

try ans stay clear of the BNI one's as they cost a lot to join they start around £500-£600 a year then ou have to pay at each meeting too, but they do work and get you business.
I hated it to be honest, Im not in a situation where I have to or need to go. So for that reason. Im out!

I know I sohuld let one bad experience put me off but well.... It has lol

The one here is called naughty networking it's basically in a pub and you get drunk and try blah everybody lol and the same on also does a curry night. Very informal and down to earth.

OMG that sounds awful! To be honest there's always people like that lawyer that turn their nose up at people. I had a City trader say something similar to me but I just made fun of his hair and he shut up. Put him in his place!

Sounds like you had a bad experience but this will almost certainly put you off you life now! I'm glad you gave it a go though mate well done.

It might be worth trying a different style of event. The one I go to is for techies so I'm right at home and the people are soooo nice! Try an event that's more specific to what you do maybe there's something for trades people or facilities related?

OMG that sounds awful! To be honest there's always people like that lawyer that turn their nose up at people. I had a City trader say something similar to me but I just made fun of his hair and he shut up. Put him in his place!

Sounds like you had a bad experience but this will almost certainly put you off you life now! I'm glad you gave it a go though mate well done.

It might be worth trying a different style of event. The one I go to is for techies so I'm right at home and the people are soooo nice! Try an event that's more specific to what you do maybe there's something for trades people or facilities related?
It was, Ill have a look around as see if I can find something that better suits me. It wont be any time soon though lol

dont blame you! but thats the sad thing about window cleaning most 9-5 people and snobby people think its a drop-outs job! little do they know how much skill is involed and how much harder we work than they do!

they should try the job for a week and see how much hard work it is and how much skill it takes!

Latest Posts

Back