Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

push fit/ rectus

WCF

Help Support WCF:

simon

i've always used john guest push fitting on my hose reel to pole hose but i'm wondering if the rectus type might be easier/quicker, any one used both & got an opinion please

Rectus type fittings start to leak after a while IF you disconnect a lot. I use EZ-Snap and disconnect everytime I put my pole back in the van. They start leaking after a couple of weeks.

I use jg and rectus and dislike the rectus

They are easy to disconnect/connect but have a tendency to catch on things and pop open and go wrong after a while

Also they are heavier and you need protectaballs ideally where a 8mm-8mm push fit is more slimline and nothing to go wrong with it and if it does it is peanuts to replace

I wouldn't use rectus fittings anywhere they will get dragged along the floor. Only place I use them is connecting to my pole. My have the tubeless setup on both so the rectus fitting is inside the ex-ceed ejector sleeve. I like that the rectus is a waterstop connector. I use JGs at the brush head and to fit an extension section in my hose should I need it.

i,m using the clamber hose lock fitting fits straught onto the 8mm hose of the reel, so easy to use and you get the male fitting for the pole hose

£5 a poke used them two years now ideal

i,m using the clamber hose lock fitting fits straught onto the 8mm hose of the reel, so easy to use and you get the male fitting for the pole hose£5 a poke used them two years now ideal
have you got a link for the male fitting please

i,m using the clamber hose lock fitting fits straught onto the 8mm hose of the reel, so easy to use and you get the male fitting for the pole hose£5 a poke used them two years now ideal
I got them too - do you prefer to EZ snap duncs ?

shame, i add sections to my pole a lot so the end of the pole hose has to go right through easily & i just found one of the male connectors, no idea why i got it, but it wont fit up the pole

gardiners sell the clamber orange fitting and also the male fitting to match. it is just like a hoselock

this is what i prefer now

you can disconnect the two easy,the only problem is you dont twist the two fitting together for a connection or you will brake the fitting inside the clamber ,you just push it straught in

I use JG push fitting pole hose goes from tap to a inline push fitting with Push-fit 8mm to 5mm barb on pole hose then into fitting , Basically home made tubeless set up .

Used Ez snap for around 4-5 years and never had issues with leaks etc. Poor maintenance or heavy handed use to cause leaks.

I am currently experimenting with 70M micro bore plus 50M pole hose and 100M micro bore and 25M pole house all with john guest fittings. Have to say so far touch wood much nicer to work with. They CAN be a pain to disconnect but its very rare i swap them out.

I've found the teeth on the claber snap off. Doesn't like being connected under pressure.

I've had the teeth snap off about three different hozelok style hose couplings, not cheap ones either. 8mm Claber is currently fitted to my trolley. So far so good but it still early days. I also has a JG fitting disintegrate recently. The metal inside it completely corroded away till it gave way. I keep spares of everything on board so twas a quick roadside fix.

You can get the jg style fitting in bulk off ebay for peanuts

Always have a few laying about

Back