Google Maps

Discussion in 'Tutorials & DIY' started by rjacandwc, Mar 7, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. rjacandwc

rjacandwc Well-Known Member

You have been out all day cleaning windows. you get home have some Dinner and the phone rings... Someone wants a quote on the spot!... you feel that you may lose this job if you do not quote over the phone. But. you do not want to under price the job. go to GOOGLE MAPS find the address of the person and you will most certainly see the front of the house. Which will help you get an idea of the type of house it is and the rough amount of windows etc. Just an idea. What do ya thing?

Advertisement
  2. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

In theory yes this is a great idea BUT ! what if the house has been knocked down and rebuilt lol .

But seriously on a serious note you could only quote on the front of the house as you're not going to see to the back of the property .

3. Iain

Iain Guru

You may be able to go round the back and get a full Street View if the back of the house has a road close by that the Google Car could have been down.

That's a lot of messing around though and as Gav said, if the house has undergone any extensive work you won't be able to tell. Street View of our office is about 6 years old and the aerial view is from the dawn of time I think.

4. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

I use a combo of google earth and bing maps (satalite view) and you can see 360deg round the house. Can quote most domestic like this...but always best to see it if u can.

5. James

James Guru

Sounds like a good plan, however, I would always wan't to see the house in person. You never know they could have a massive conservatory round the back. Who knows.

6. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I do it on all Facebook quotes, I give them a price ask about conservatories (if I cant see them) I tell them this is a quote not the actual price but if all is as said I will do it for that price. Only slipped up once and she payed the extra couple of quid anyway.

7. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

i always ask how many windows they got, they tell me, i work out and give rough price, like :- i think it will be between £10-£14 depending on size of windows/conseravtorys!

always work for me, they also love it when you have cleaned them and tell them the lower price!!!!

8. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Sod that, I don't go lower lol.

9. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

How often is the building going to be so different you need to see a picture to give a price? For any similar work you are already doing or have done in the past, it’s easy to estimate and then you can adjust your price either way.

If the building is so different to anything you have done, you need to go and see it.

Pricing is as much about what you are doing with your business, I just quoted 30 x commercial without seeing them, I know the types of building and how long it will take me to clean.

Richard

10. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

i ment the £10!

Advertisement