Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Google Maps

rjacandwc

You have been out all day cleaning windows. you get home have some Dinner and the phone rings... Someone wants a quote on the spot!... you feel that you may lose this job if you do not quote over the phone. But. you do not want to under price the job. go to GOOGLE MAPS find the address of the person and you will most certainly see the front of the house. Which will help you get an idea of the type of house it is and the rough amount of windows etc. Just an idea. What do ya thing?

In theory yes this is a great idea BUT ! what if the house has been knocked down and rebuilt lol .

But seriously on a serious note you could only quote on the front of the house as you're not going to see to the back of the property .

But seriously on a serious note you could only quote on the front of the house as you're not going to see to the back of the property .
You may be able to go round the back and get a full Street View if the back of the house has a road close by that the Google Car could have been down.

That's a lot of messing around though and as Gav said, if the house has undergone any extensive work you won't be able to tell. Street View of our office is about 6 years old and the aerial view is from the dawn of time I think.

I use a combo of google earth and bing maps (satalite view) and you can see 360deg round the house. Can quote most domestic like this...but always best to see it if u can.

Sounds like a good plan, however, I would always wan't to see the house in person. You never know they could have a massive conservatory round the back. Who knows.

I do it on all Facebook quotes, I give them a price ask about conservatories (if I cant see them) I tell them this is a quote not the actual price but if all is as said I will do it for that price. Only slipped up once and she payed the extra couple of quid anyway.

i always ask how many windows they got, they tell me, i work out and give rough price, like :- i think it will be between £10-£14 depending on size of windows/conseravtorys!

always work for me, they also love it when you have cleaned them and tell them the lower price!!!!

How often is the building going to be so different you need to see a picture to give a price? For any similar work you are already doing or have done in the past, it’s easy to estimate and then you can adjust your price either way.

If the building is so different to anything you have done, you need to go and see it.

Pricing is as much about what you are doing with your business, I just quoted 30 x commercial without seeing them, I know the types of building and how long it will take me to clean.

Richard

Should always go to the house and quote them it looks more professional /emoticons/wink.png and that way u know your not missing anything out

Not necessarily H, My customers from facebook actually like how I quote on the spot and most are honest enough to tell me if they're particularly bad. I only give an estimate and tell them conservatories etc are extra. I've only failed to get 3 jobs from there with instant quotes and successfully got most of my work, a couple of them from the beginning are a little underpriced but I've learned to get it about right and every single customer knows my prices will go up in January cos they think they're getting £2 facebook discount when in in actual fact they're not

Fair enough... but sometimes when i priced without seeing the windows at the back and the customer explains to me... i regretted giving them a price so now i always make sure i see what am going to be cleaning ! LOL

Fair enough... but sometimes when i priced without seeing the windows at the back and the customer explains to me... i regretted giving them a price so now i always make sure i see what am going to be cleaning ! LOL
Just make sure if it happens that you can't view it first for some reason that it's an estimated quote based on the front, just ask whats round back and I reckon most folk will give as straight an answer as they can but obviously theres a minority that will cow pat you. Like one of the lads said last week give em a quote of say, 8-12 quid (example) and see the look on their face when you get there and it's the lower price you ask for. Does that make sense, I've not slept lol.

Back