Google Search Website Help

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by wilgold, Nov 30, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. wilgold

wilgold Active Member

Hi everyone

I really need some help with my website. I uploaded a tester at the beginning of the week and google's only picking me up when you search for 'northallerton window cleaning' nothing else. The result is right at the bottom of the page and for some reason it lists it as this?

Home

www.northallertonwindowcleaning.co.uk/
    Northallerton Window Cleaners. Call us :07553013429. Northallerton Window Cleaner. Northallerton Window Cleaning. WEBSITE COMING SOON!

You visited this page on 29/11/12.

So i have been doing some fiddling and some searching on the net and redone the code and added this meta tag

Still nouts happened or changed to the search? Does it take awhile for google to change? if so how long?

Is there something else im doing wrong? or need to adjust?

My site is http://www.northallertonwindowcleaning.co.uk

Hope someone can help?
    Cheers Guys

Advertisement
  2. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

Hi,

It can take (I think) up to 48 hour for google to re check.

You could google: free ping and then ping your web address and it should do it a bit quicker, but you'll need to update the page with at least a dot or word on the page otherwise It will ignore the page as nothing has changed

3. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Nice wee site mate, I'm a complete newbie to all website stuff etc, but you need some good content on the pages with lots of your keywords included

4. CNS-southwest

I agree, need a bit more content ensuring you use keywords so google bits pick it up :)

5. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I might change description and get your main keyphrase in there, some content also containing your keywords but to be honest you've done a nice job. Very clean looking, nice.

Have you signed up to google places, if not do it and then see the difference.

6. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

I've signed up to google places but can I find me on there erm nope .

7. Dodger

Dodger Hero

When did you sign up Gav? and what area would you expect to be found Bilston? Wolverhampton? If I search my village both my sites are at top if I search for mansfield I'm in list but only if I click for more results. What categories did you put?

I might add no I didn't find you either.

8. CNS-southwest

I added to google places and also not on there :( this was nearly a month ago :(

9. Njones

Njones Well-Known Member
    Supplier

If you view the source code for the page you will see the problem. The i'm not sure if all iWebSite offerings have the same setup, but the code of your website shows a long list of images - it doesn't reveal the text. Since google can't read the text hidden inside the images, it simply doesn't know what your site is about (except for the meta tags) so you get ranked very badly.

I've newer used iWebSite, so I'm not sure if you can fix this or if you'd have to re-build from scratch.

10. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

I signed up to google places when I started up my last business about 3 yrs ago and I have changed it this week for window cleaning .
    I have not had any postcard or code from google to verify it so I'm unsure what to do now ???

I would be under bilston and Wolverhampton as that's what is on my listing .

Advertisement