Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Minbore And Microbore

P

Paul

do any of you lads use anything apart from the 2 obvious choice of hose, i was talking to another windy this morning at B&Q he as doing the windows there and he had a normal hose and it worked just as well as the mini and micro, i asked him why and he said that the smaller hoses can put strain on you pump?????

no it dont put any starin on the pumps! i have used 6mm and 8mm on 100psi pumps without any controllers and they worked fine. even better with controllers on it.

normal hose is a lot cheaper but not really upto the job and will wear out quicker. i had a small bit of normal reinforced hozelock garden hose on a section of my system and had to keep replacing it as the pressure was streching the pipe and kept leaking. plus its not build for cars etc to be driving over it. and would be a lot heavier to use than any other 8mm or 6mm pipe.

no problem

got 6mm on one pump and 8mm on the other pump. both been going strong for a year now, as long as you have a controller on them they will be fine.

if they are not good for pumps the window cleaning companies wouldnt sell them for the job really.

what happens if you have no controller, and what do you find is best 8mm or 6mm.

ive decided to go van mount now just looking at the hoses as we speak but that windy threw a spanner in the works this morning, also i need a controller mines on full whack all the time my controller went pop

nothing really, just use a lot more water, battery might not last as long on each charge and it could cause the pump to pulse at times if you dont open the tap fully all the time. but thats about it.

i have used my 8mm hose all the time and its great. but this week i thought i would use my 6mm to make sure it still works fine. and on friday i had a full day work and found that i use less water using the 6mm pipe than the 8mm pipe, that had one 6 bed house builders clean, and one other first clean and about 15 other house. and only got through 300lts of water.

thats good going 300L, so looks like i need a new controller and a new hose MONEY MONEY MONEY i seem to spend more than i make lol

im also thinking should i get a shurflo pump, the one i have is out of my backpack that piled in but seems ok for now

oh right, i got some bits coming to me in the next 2-3 weeks for me to make up a controller, its a dial one and works a treat, i use them in my van. only cost me £20 each

yer shurflo pumps are the best ones to use on a mounted system. i have 2 in my van and i have built a portable trolly with a back pack pump, they are good for short runs of pipe, but wouldnt last on 100m's of pipe that well

how do you make them?? share the knowledge lol, how do they work do they just control the amount of power to the pump

how do you make them?? share the knowledge lol, how do they work do they just control the amount of power to the pump
yer they control the motor on the pump and slows the diaphram right down to a stop or turn it up and then the pump will work on full power

wire the + & - from the battery to the controller then wire the + & - of the pump to the out side of the controller and thats it. the controller has no internal battery either so no up keep on it, no need to turn it on or off all the time

when i first started out i used garden hose but it kinks very easy in my opinion you cant beat 8mm microbore

Back