Got A Big Call Today :o

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by harunh, Sep 20, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. harunh

harunh Legend

He left me an email then gave me 2 missed calls... i rang him back.... and he said hes putting out a contract for 2 newly built buildings in a specific area... he goes to me that hes the contract manager and he wants a reasonable price and he said he wants a method statement etc

He also said that hes in charge of the elictrical and all that.. i never really understood him at first he was to professional for me lol but i acted professional back i was like oh so your putting a tender out he was like yeah yeah

1 building is 5 storeys high.... :eek:

Also i asked him when the contract starts... he said to me in novemeber for a 15 month period

He found me on google aswell he said

Im gonna go now and price these 2 buildings up

the 5 storey high building is every week

and the other building is every month

lol good luck 2 me :p

Advertisement
  2. mark m

mark m Hero

like good news like

3. vito61

vito61 Well-Known Member

Beware of "eggs in one basket". If you are tied to one big contract every week if it goes wrong for whatever reason, you could be stuck. Or you could be forced down the route of taking on others to cope with this.

Have you done 5 storey work yet? Be interested to know how easy, or otherwise, it is.

In the words of my old games teacher "Have a do, son! " :D

4. harunh

harunh Legend

need a cherry picker etc... and i got no licesne very big step for me... am going to pass this job on to someone else cos to run this work.. im going to have to pay to hire someone a lot of overheads... and its like me jumping from level 1 to level 10... i just started window cleaning mate 4 months ago.... cant take a big step like this yet... not ready for it :| awh well :p

5. A.K WINDOWS

pass it on H but you want some cash for donating this job take a weeks wage of them at least for the heads up;)

6. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

I think you are foolish passing it on. Have you even seen it yet? Why would you need a cherry picker? What smax have you got?

7. harunh

harunh Legend

Belfast mate check the photo out yaself on the other thread mate cherrypicker is essential

8. Honestcleaning

Honestcleaning Well-Known Member

H where is the picture.......let me have a look at it, I can give you advice on this. We do 5 storey easy with WFP. Dont pass it on yet bud.

My mate has just bought an 80ft pole! Now that is going some!!!!

9. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

I've seen pics and poles can't be used on then due the the design of the building

10. Honestcleaning

Honestcleaning Well-Known Member

do you know where the pics are mate....... need to see this. Am sure there will be options on it..... I would never pass this on though. Just do what you can and sub out what your cant.....

Advertisement