Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

All of a sudden...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clearview Lee

Hi... i've been on WFP for a good few years now. My set up is such that I pull out my hose reel each time. I also disconnect the hose pipe from the real just to release pressure. I know there's other ways around this but this is the way it is for me right now.

Anyway I am take my van at the weekend to take stuff to the dump. I reconnected it all for work Monday. Now all of a sudden, if I turn my machine off first and let the flow thru the hose die down to release pressure before pulling out the hose pipe from the reel, it seems to take ages and empty the whiskey DI Vessel!! So when I want to get up and started again on the next job I have to wait a minute or two for the vessel to fill up before it starts injecting from the brush head, whereas before I used to do it all these years it was only a few seconds.

What's happened?!!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Firstly I would recommend filling your DI with resin, not whiskey. Otherwise maybe the input hose or connectors have clogged, I know in my tank there are plastic shaving that occasionally get sacked through from when my tank was built. I would take apart each piece and examine for blockages

Firstly I would recommend filling your DI with resin, not whiskey. Otherwise maybe the input hose or connectors have clogged, I know in my tank there are plastic shaving that occasionally get sacked through from when my tank was built. I would take apart each piece and examine for blockages
You haven't got a WCW Tank by any chance?? Mine was full of plastic shavings too! It caused me no-end problems for 2 whole years without realising the filter inside the tank (of which I didn't even realise there was one) was totally clogged up with black plastic shavings!!! I kept buying new pump and batteries. I nearly went mentally ill over it. Serious. So nearly jacked it in. 2 year nightmare and ££££ over a clogged up filter in the tank I didn't even know existed. lol comical.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back