Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ro System Waste Water. Huge Water Bills.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

andyc

Hi guys anyone had a high water bill due to pure water making.

my first 6 months using a water fed pole my bill increased by Another £166 For 6 months. Not to bad i guess except since rhen ive picked up lors more work so i reckon that will double £320 every six months just for pure water not taking into account my everday usage. Anyone else havw a water bill to share?

Not here, been on water meter for 2 years now and still not seen a diffrence in our water bill, for every 1000lt pure made I put 2000lts back down drain, only costs about £9 per 1000lt pure even with the waste.

For the amount of money you can make with that 1000lts there's nothing to worry about. just one house covers the cost of the water!

ever thought about rain water harvesting, i do this and the water is normally below 9ppm

quite simple really, my shed which i built myself has perspex roofing so i can see the sky. the water runs off that into some guttering i put on the side and into my 600L tank in the shed, but before all of that theres a tub with lots of fishtank filters etc in it to stop the bits getting inside. a few j clothes aswell for the find bits. in a typical rainy day i can get 25L over xmas i forgot bout the tank and went into my shed full of floods. had to dump half the water. but im dry now and bk to the ro unit. friday will be good coz its forecast wet weather.

Hi guys anyone had a high water bill due to pure water making.my first 6 months using a water fed pole my bill increased by Another £166 For 6 months. Not to bad i guess except since rhen ive picked up lors more work so i reckon that will double £320 every six months just for pure water not taking into account my everday usage. Anyone else havw a water bill to share?
If you spend well on a good RO system ie 2 x 4040 inline, you`ll have nearly no waste. theres one x 4040 on ebay now for 100 buy it now and a brand new one is 365, so for 465 you`ll have a system that will produce nearly no waste water. And RO water at a rapid rate of knots

Got to have a lot of storage to keep rain water for everyday use, i can use upto 400lts daily, 2000lts a week. That's a lot of rain to keep that up,

Great for people that don't use much.

its all about saving water i think. i used to use 18L on a typical home but now i use rain water i just squirt the glass scrub and rinse, i can use 8-10L on a typical home now.

If you spend well on a good RO system ie 2 x 4040 inline, you`ll have nearly no waste. theres one x 4040 on ebay now for 100 buy it now and a brand new one is 365, so for 465 you`ll have a system that will produce nearly no waste water. And RO water at a rapid rate of knots
Why nearly no waste? Not questioning it, i want to learn. We need to go 40/40

its all about saving water i think. i used to use 18L on a typical home but now i use rain water i just squirt the glass scrub and rinse, i can use 8-10L on a typical home now.
I don`t like the sound of this technique...
I like high flow and warm water for best results wfp.......

Why nearly no waste? Not questioning it, i want to learn. We need to go 40/40
1 x 40 40 will give me 50% waste( 65% if hard water), then i run the waste from the first through the second eliminating the waste water.
I get a dribble through half inch hose waste.

Never measured it but i think i must produce 5-600lt of RO in one hour easy

I don`t like the sound of this technique...
I like high flow and warm water for best results wfp.......
i get good results, no streaks or spotting on any of my customers windows.
i get 25L in 50-60 mins with booster pump on. some days it varies

1 x 40 40 will give me 50% waste( 65% if hard water), then i run the waste from the first through the second eliminating the waste water.

Say what? Is that really how the work?

Im in 475PPM so very hard.

At the moment i have lots of Ro's

So what sort of waste comes out the second one then?

Could i see some pics, or any links on where to buy

New not second hand!

Is that with a booster pump as well?

i get good results, no streaks or spotting on any of my customers windows.
If Tayormade74 used a backpack he would soon get good at that technique. Wet the glass, switch the water off, scrub and then switch the water back on to rinse. Stops you 'wasting' water when scrubbing. Results are perfectly fine when finished and used 2/3 the water..

I know someone who had this problem, the best thing to do is tell the water board what you are doing and they should be able to switch your tarrif to a business one. This should keep your bill a bit lower. Even know someone who told the water board that the waist is going straight down the drain, because of this he got a reduction in his bill as they viewed him as helping flush the system.

Say what? Is that really how the work?
Im in 475PPM so very hard.

At the moment i have lots of Ro's

So what sort of waste comes out the second one then?

Could i see some pics, or any links on where to buy

New not second hand!
I`ll sort some pics out to show you the plumbing and i`ll try and make a video.
the waste from the first is connected to the inlet of the second so the dribble of waste comes out of the second which is inline with the first.

If Tayormade74 used a backpack he would soon get good at that technique. Wet the glass, switch the water off, scrub and then switch the water back on to rinse. Stops you 'wasting' water when scrubbing. Results are perfectly fine when finished and used 2/3 the water..
Yer that's how I used to work and used to save no end of water!

Go on ebay they do one x 4040 complete with hf5 (must be this one as it`s rated to 80psi so you`ll get more water at lower pressures) they do an hf4 but it`s rated at 100psi.

and the valve you need for hard water comes from your favourite place, Gardiner pole systems.

Yer that's how I used to work and used to save no end of water!

I`m not knocking it, but surely its quicker to have more flow, more water equals more grime removing. Instead of having to do all the hard scrubbing

Back