Got All My New Gear Today

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by keir, Jan 16, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. keir

keir Guru

recieved my phoenix 22ft hybrid with aqua-adapter and quick release angle adjuster, gardiner ultralight medium mixed, 8 litre di vessel, battery charger just waiting for a bag of tulsion. i'm well impressed with the pole brush combo compared to my old'un so much lighter and more rigid.
    i just adjusted the quick release nuts on the pole a bit, then thread locked em as their not nyloc's, put a couple of drips of oil in the slide of the aqua-adapter and its ready for cleaning. the only criticism i have with the pole is it doesn't have lock stops between stages when extending but that is not a problem its just a case of getting used to it.

also the gardiner brush seems really soft and a bit smaller compared to my old brush but after comparing them for ages the gardiner feels like it will put more bristles on the window, old'un is stiff enough that just the perimeter bristles touch the window unless you put some decent pressure on

Advertisement
  2. Fazza123

Fazza123 Member

I've just opened my parcels, gardiner 22 slx, dt brush, carbon gooseneck and hose and reel. I made the school boy error of buying a complete system with broadex tackle, well all that's been more or less given away and I've started again...

I'm sure we will both appreciate these poles, mine feels mint !

3. keir

keir Guru

slx? is that the carbon one? i was torn between the clx and the pheonix, what swung it was the carbon look of the pheonix.
    my motorbike has a load of carbon on it so got a carbon fettish apart from the price of it lol

4. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

All sounds good guys may have to rethink the big brodex poles me self

5. Fazza123

Fazza123 Member

Haha yes the slx is carbon. I was torn between this and yours. I'm pretty sure there isn't that much in it between them, the Phoenix clamps look really good though. I know what you mean about carbon, I've had Moto cross bikes most of my life lol !

6. keir

keir Guru

yeah that was another factor the clamps on the clx their horizontal which i thought might catch on stuff a ittle more. ah man i have always wanted a cr500 supermoto but just never seem to happen one day mmmmmmmmm one day!!!

7. Fazza123

Fazza123 Member

Ha a 500 is a real beast !!
    Good luck with your gear, with this weather I'm sticking with the ladders until it picks up ! If my fingers will let me lol

8. Aqua-dapter

Aqua-dapter Active Member

Hi Keir,

Just saw this...

You should have received instructions that advise we don't recommend using any lubricants in the Aqua-dapter, they eventually attract debris and cause problems.

It shouldn't need any lubricant as long as it's kept clean. Flush through it regularly with water and a bit of detergent if necessary (esp. on the lever/trigger as there's less clearance there)

Paul

9. keir

keir Guru

thanks paul, i shall rinse it off asap.

Advertisement