Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facebook Selling Pages

Gmeister

Soo to use this I have to be on a personal account and not a business account?

I wonder why this is.

If thats right gonna be a hassle changing from one account to another account?

cause it aint like going from personal account to business account is it?

No Graham you can't do it they don't offer that option.

Just use one of your emails and create another account, take away all personal references from your business page so fb don't click you have 2 and there ya go.

still update the business account just advertise it with your personal one.

Safest way is just to start a page and call it your business then refer to in your personal account. I have 3 pages that I look after through my personal account and you just click on the option in the menu to change to each one. Can get a bit confusing as I have posted as a business when I what to post as myself

So you use personal account to go on selling pages to advertise your business page

I know you can do what you mentioned I have two different business pages, 1 is a church and the other is my biz

So you use personal account to go on selling pages to advertise your business page
I know you can do what you mentioned I have two different business pages, 1 is a church and the other is my biz
Use your personal account and post you business page link in the for sale groups mate or do what me and H has done. make a ''Personal Profile'' but with your business name. This has its perks too you can add people as well as go about ''like'' every thing you can and hope someone click on your name then boom!!! More advertisement lol.
Ive been pulling jobs of facebook since the start of the year!!

You only need one Facebook account even if you have a business page. Your business page is managed through your account but the two remain separate.

You'll always post, like and share from your personal profile by default unless you switch or post on your business page, in which case you'll start posting from your business page.

Yo can share from your page to the timeline and to other pages when you write a post and on groups you can use @page. I know Facebook toughened up to try and cut down spam.

let me get this right I have a facebook page which I set up but I cant like anybody under window cleaning services so I have to like it as mark munro does that mean I have to get rid of window cleaning service page

i don't get it I am a friend of ecoray but not you so how does window cleaning service become a friend to ecoray if i try it is mark munro who is a friend to ecoray is there a step by step idiot guild

This is what am saying, cause I didn't get it either.

Nottingham cleaners(my business page) and yours window cleaning services "likes" ecoray (business to business)

Graham(personal) likes ecoray.

But selling pages are personal accounts I think, so Nottingham cleaners(business page) cant like or add selling page as friend.

Is this more clear?

let me get this right I have a facebook page which I set up but I cant like anybody under window cleaning services so I have to like it as mark munro does that mean I have to get rid of window cleaning service page
You CAN like other business pages as ''window cleaning services''You CANT post in groups as ''window cleaning services''

You dont need to get rid of your ''window cleaning services''

With your Mark Munro account you can do what you want.

Hope this helps?

You CAN like other business pages as ''window cleaning services''You CANT post in groups as ''window cleaning services''

You dont need to get rid of your ''window cleaning services''

With your Mark Munro account you can do what you want.

Hope this helps?
M's right you can like as wcs, to promote your wcs page join the selling groups as mark and post ads etc with a link to your wcs page. Thats all there is to it.

That is how I go about on Facebook, it stops businesses commenting on personal posts. You can also share your page with a group. Some groups it has to be done via administrator. your can copy and paste the link of your Facebook page and include it in a post. If your looking for likes there are loads of groups that will share likes.

Just type in the search bar at top of facebook page FOR SALE 'your area' and you'll see lol. Just people buying and selling stuff and theres wanted pages as well, some have thousands of members.

There is a way to achieve this without deleting the business page and starting from scratch all over again.

1. Log out of Business Page.
  2. Set up Personal Profile.
  3. Log out of Personal Profile and back into Business Page.
  4. Click "Edit Page"
  5. Go to "Admin Roles"
  6. Click "Add another admin"
  7. Enter the email address that you registered your new Personal Profile with.
  8. Choose "Manager" as the Admin Role.
  9. Log out of Business Page and back into Personal Profile.

You should now find that your new Personal Profile is linked to your old Business Page with full admin rights and you will be able to just use this one login in future. The little cog at the top-right of the menu bar will let you switch between your Personal Profile and your Business Page.

P.S. No offence, Dodger, but you might want to promote this one to Best Answer before too many people delete their existing Business Page to set up brand new ones and lose all that hard work!

P.P.S. Just a bit of background: In the past, Facebook wouldn't let you set up a Business Page unless you already had a Personal Profile, so this wouldn't have been an issue back then. But a lot of people who wanted to promote their business on Facebook didn't like the idea of having a Personal Profile. So Facebook started to allow people to register Business Pages without needing to have a Personal Profile.

To confuse things even more, not knowing the difference, some people set up what are technically Personal Profiles but using business names, which is strictly speaking against Facebook policy and also caused a lot of confusion amongst those who were doing it "properly" because it seemed that some businesses could do things on Facebook that other businesses couldn't.

The basic principle is that a Person can "Like" a Business, a Business can "Like" a Business, but a Business can't "Like" a Person (or join a group, which are only meant for people). This is because there is no "Like" button for Persons, there is only a "Friend" button and you can't be "Friends" with a Business! It also stops Businesses spamming people, only people who have already "Liked" your business will receive your updates.

Back