Got Ma Van Took Of Me

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by harunh, May 6, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. harunh

harunh Legend

got a section 59 last june and if u get one again within 12 months they take the van and it costs 200 quid to recover it from the compound

so yesetrday i got a section 59 cos i drove over a small roundabout ( it was a flat roundabout ) the copper was hidden away waiting for sum 1 to drive over it ... its one of them roundabouts where every1 drives over it :(

i gotta be careful from now !

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

What are you like H ....do you not keep anything to yourself? :Image3:

Section 59 of the Police Reform Act - Anti Social Driving Offences

New laws in respect of certain anti social driving offences can now be dealt with by Section 59 of the Police Reform Act.

Basically what that means is if you are seen:
    • Driving in a careless or inconsiderate manner
    • Driving on common land, a footpath or bridle way or any land which is not part of a road
    • Driving in a manner which is causing/has been causing, or is likely to cause alarm, distress or annoyance to members of the public.
    Then a Section 59 warning can be issued to you. This warning is placed against both the driver and the vehicle and lasts for 12 months.
    If the driver of the vehicle or the vehicle with the warning issued to it is then seen driving in any of those conditions again in the next 12 months the vehicle can be seized and, if not collected after paying for recovery and storage costs, it will be crushed. Please note that this relates to either the driver with the Section 59 or the vehicle.

3. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

I wish the Derbyshire police would get on top of bad drivers around here. If you drive normal around here your the odd one out.

4. harunh

harunh Legend

Lol smurf proper headache

5. Posh

Posh Hero

You got yer van back H???

6. Mart1001

Mart1001 Well-Known Member

Knowing what I do of H, he's toke it off his round for being a messer and is gonna pick up a new one today. :Image14:

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Indeed H... ppl deserve what they get if they drive like a crazy person with no consideration for others or themselves.

If I remember rightly you also have a CD80 aswell so thought you would have calmed down a bit by now.

8. harunh

harunh Legend

got ma van back sorted

9. harunh

harunh Legend

i have mate... but i only went over a flat small roundabout a lot of drivers do this... thats why the copper was hidden away waiting for sum1 to go over it cos he knows out of 10 cars that go by 1,2 of them will drive over it... lol

10. MyLittleCleaningCompany

Glad to see you haven't changed H. The Police will not give out Sec 59 for just driving over a roundabout the way you describe. Something smells fishy to me!! :)

Advertisement