Got myself a advert in the newspaper

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by koopmaster, May 3, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

Just paid for 4 adverts in the local paper, 1 per week. hope the readers call me.:cool:

newpaper advert.jpg

Advertisement
  2. mark m

mark m Hero

Good luck with the add , May i ask I see you have been crb checked have you every been asked ?

3. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

Twice, once by a strange customer and the other by a school for disabled that I clean twice a year.[hr]
    Only got a CRB becuase my missues wants to do childminding and the whole house needs to be checked. suppose it can only benifit the business

4. Paul

Paul Guest

How much was that here they want £30 per week for the same ad yours

5. harunh

harunh Legend

Looks decent.[hr]

6. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

I done a 3 month booking for an ad like this.. The paper went out monthly to over 37,000 addresses..

1st month past.... No calls
    2nd month... 1 job
    3rd month.. A few jobs...

Barely got the money back to cover the cost of the ad..

Good luck with yours tho

7. AS Window Cleaning

AS Window Cleaning Active Member

how much does CRB check cost ya? think worth having?
    at least it's getting your name out there, and those jobs might lead to more in that area. I'm toying with idea of having one, but not decided yet whether it's worthwhile, or just do google addwords instead.

8. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

Hi the ads going to 90 000 houses, plus I have 3 other paper around me to cover a total of 250 0000 houses, I am going to push a waterpole article to them next week to see if that make a difference and prehaps gets me on the map.

I dont know how much the CRB cost, my wife did it. I think it was under £100 though.

Another advertising idea I came up with was putting my business card on the cars in the car parks (asda ect) best thing to do is stick them on the top of the driver window not the window wiper..
    at first I thought it was a waste of time but 2 came back after the rain stopped. going to do a few hours on monday. the trick is do the car park - wait a hour and the cars should have refreshed to a whole new lot and do it again.

9. super mck

super mck Active Member

good idea cheers

10. Paul

Paul Guest

I got my CRB For my last job because we done the windows at schools I think it was around £70/£80

Advertisement