Got this text yesterday

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by AJ windows, Sep 10, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. AJ windows

AJ windows Active Member

Allen,
    There is a window cleaning round in the paper for sale in tonights telegraph. Thought it might interest you, saves you posting flyers through my customers doors around the Scartho area.
    I appreciate that we have a free economy and there is nothing I can do to stop you doing it, but what I dont appreciate is someone trying to take bread of my table. Something you'll discover for yourself in the future no doubt.
    The number in the telegraph is -
    and that is all I know.
    I dont want to fall out with anyone over work as there is plenty of work to go around for us all.
    Good luck and regards
    John Potter.

So I rang the guy up straight away and pointed out I've putting my fliers through every door of every street I pick a job up from. He did complement me saying in 24 years he's never come across a window cleaner who presents his buisness in such a professional manner and said if he gets offered work in areas he doesn't cover he'll gladly pass my number on.

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

In other words he is saying in a round about way before it gets nasty GET OFF MY PATCH :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. AJ windows

AJ windows Active Member

I don't think there's such a thing as a patch, we have 6 different window cleaners in our street and there's only 24 houses. Down to individual customers who they want to go with and as I'm well presented, tidy and intelligent. Obviously they going to choose me lol.

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Difference is that guy has probably built up a very high volume compact round in the 24 years he has been at it. Unlike most that have to travel between jobs like you mentioned (6 in your street) :D

5. AJ windows

AJ windows Active Member

Ironic thing is, he bought most of his work and it's still scattered all over the place. Had another window cleaner moaning there's not enough work and I've picked 6 up in just street he does in the last 2 days alone. Obviously he thinks people will just ask him when he looks scruffy and overweight. Monday I had no work booked in so I dropped leaflets sat and Sunday for a few hours and have gained 22 more houses since the weekend and Monday became my most profitable day so far. :)

6. J D

J D Well-Known Member

That guy was absolutely out of order! I doubt id have been so diplomatic with the toss pot!

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Best not bump into J D on his patch and try nicking his customers :D

8. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Gained 22 houses over the weekend! They reckon the success rate for flyers is 0.5%. You must have hit a good patch!

9. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

I would carry on with your current strategy & worry not as it obviously works!!;)

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I'm scruffy and overweight so no hope for me then :D

Advertisement