Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone use unger green rubber?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave B

Staff member
Got some unger green soft rubber when i ordered new 14" squeegee

It feels like hard rubber and i have to use quite a bit of pressure to get the water off

Anyone else had issues?

I found Ungers Green Rubber not very good at-all.....tends to loose it's edge quick...kind-of like frays and wears to quick for me.

Glad I didn't have to pay for it as it was a FREE sample pack.

glad i dident get any im having probs with my facelift fazerblades they were fine in summer now its winter there :turd: leving lines an just not wrking proply:mad:

ill b sticking to ettore in fucher they r the best ive ever used nce an soft even in winter they may were out faster as there soft but they leve the window line 3 :cool:

I use unger soft usually and is fine..also ettore is excellent but twice the price

I found it to hard and because of that it seemed to get nicks in it very quick and then it left very fine lines which were very visible, I'd never but it again

Only bought 1 long strip thankfully

Only have the ettore one that came with the channel..if that goes i am stuck with it for now

Ive tried some different ones by pulex, pro chain (toy chain, more like. Rubbish) and something else i cant even remember, but quite like the Unger Soft, which i used until i tried Moerman.

Wow, the Moerman is good, i use it all the time now.

iv been buying moerman rubber the last year , several orders of it- had no problem with it

prior to this id tried a bit of most every rubber going [apart from Ettore] trying to find an economical rubber for a crew to use . i never did to try prochain,professional squeegee and others as once i found moerman worked well i settled on it .

How soft is it?I love a soft rubber as long as it don't wear out instantly
i recently notice that moerman now do a hard and soft . until recently only the soft was on sale here but i find its not soft,its a halfway between hard n soft .

i wouldnt say its an excellent perfect rubber, but what i will say is that its always the same ,always useable, reliable .

whereas the other makes it seemed to me to be pot luck,sometimes you get a good batch,sometimes rubbish !!, and no way of telling by eye , only know when you squeegee the glass ,by then its just too late!

youve bought sh./te yet again ...

liking unger soft but might be trying wagtail rubber out next week

not tried the green stuff

Back