Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole for 3 story apartments

WCF

Help Support WCF:

S

Starboy

hi, new to the forum. looks good!

i switched to WFP a while back. i have got a Gardiner CLX 18. its good for 2 story houses but i have been offered some 3 storey apartments. which pole would be best for them?

i was thinking on getting a Gardiner SLX. but dont know what size to go for.

Thanks.

Hi

I use an SLX25 it's an excellent pole to start with.

I only started WFP 6 months+ a ago and it's a fantastic pole.

It reaches every normal type property but can reach some high Windows and is rigid and still very light and robust.

For what I know I can't fault it - it was supplied with a superLite brush which is ok. I don't know any different but I feel I need to upgrade the brush to an ultimate?

Go for an SLX25

HiI use an SLX25 it's an excellent pole to start with.

I only started WFP 6 months+ a ago and it's a fantastic pole.

It reaches every normal type property but can reach some high Windows and is rigid and still very light and robust.

For what I know I can't fault it - it was supplied with a superLite brush which is ok. I don't know any different but I feel I need to upgrade the brush to an ultimate?

Go for an SLX25

Hi Starboy. Welcome to the forum.If you can afford it and you're in it for the long term I'd recommend the SLX range or another full carbon pole. Me personally, I found the CLX to bendy at 27 feet, especially if you have or intend getting a lot of work at that sort of height. see the related topic:

What do people think of the gardener composite pole
is there any other range of poles that aren't bendy at 27 foot?

is there any other range of poles that aren't bendy at 27 foot?
could go for a water genie viper 30ft, they don't do a 27. Very sturdy poles, compared my mates clx 27 & my water genie barracuda 27, and the barracuda's lighter and in all other respects matches the clx. From what I've heard it's the same with the slx & viper. Plus they're a bit cheaper. Only thing I will say is that Gardiner brushes are better

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got the 25slx. Probably the best all round pole for value for money on the market. I can reach 3rd story no problem. Because you're holding it 5 foot off the ground anyway when you're cleaning

slx 25ft my all round pole,reaches 90% of all my graft ,down side to the pole using pole closed standard size find it abit long in confined areas

while doing connies mainly

slx 22ft nice and short really light easy to use,you could use this pole all day never get tired,down side too short for high work

ideal world

22ft for standard work

25ft three storeys over connies etc

47slx (killer pole heavy as fluk for your extra high graft only use it last choice)

slx 25ft my all round pole,reaches 90% of all my graft ,down side to the pole using pole closed standard size find it abit long in confined areaswhile doing connies mainly

slx 22ft nice and short really light easy to use,you could use this pole all day never get tired,down side too short for high work

ideal world

22ft for standard work

25ft three storeys over connies etc

47slx (killer pole heavy as fluk for your extra high graft only use it last choice)
or a 22 with a few extensions

I mainly use my slx18 the slx22 only gets used for all my townhouses and windows above odd big extension or Connie roof I use the ext On the slx22 once a month for a couple of skylights in a townhouse but i do a use my step ladder up a couple of rungs to do that one.

As Duncs says The beauty of the slx22 is the length the exact same size as a slx18 and shorter than an extreme 18 and 22.

I clean all my townhouses with the slx22 some are a bit of a stretch though.

Latest Posts

Back