Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Have I Done Wrong

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CNS-southwest

Applicator an squeegee came today so had a go, as you do.

Used sainsburys washing up liquid

Cleaned up wish a blue cloth that I got from the market ages ago.

Every was straight from the packet except cloth which has been washed,

But I got skids lol ( water marks) on bits of the window /emoticons/sad.png

You need to detail the window with a material called scrim!

That will get rid of water marks.

Also make sure that when you drag t-bar across window that you keep it flat.

Oh and PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Good luck

Lol I used a lint/microfiber cloth but seems **** to be frank, I'll order a scrim in a minute I think.

I also noticed some scratches not sure if new or old but didnt notice them last time.

They are low down so could be the kids with toys I gusse.

Was I meant to soak the t bar or squeegee at all before use? Do you wipe the squeegee after each stroke? And lastly which way should the strokes be? Up and down or side to side?

Thanks

/emoticons/smile.png

kep swigy on glass for all the window u sart just below top corner and pull it up to and in to corner 30degres ish and chnge dirction across top and in doing so arive at neaxt coner ant 30 degres the outher way coom down the side and turn rond the other way so you go the other side of window in a sweling maner to botom of window ,go and wach a windy at work and find several windys cos sum do it dif renly

Keep practising. People say it ain't rocket science cleaning windows but put a squeegee in there hand & they find out it ain't that easy. I woz told to go side to side when I started, wiping the squeegee each pass. Practase that first then every now & again try fanning but it takes a lot of practase to get the technique right. All you want to do at the start is do a good job irrelevant how long it takes. Speed will come. When I bought my backpack I thought connect a pole & clean. It's that easy. How wrong I was. Practise mate just practise

its one hell of a luring curve WFP and thats y thers so many custys dont like it cos pepul biy WFP and dont kow how ????????

Daley, utter bul **** mate ladders and wfp are equally as dangerous if in the wrong hands.

Ive got snail trails following behind the squeegee..... Any ideas? Lol I though you only had to mop up round the edges lol.

Been practicing lots though /emoticons/smile.png

check the rubber, it should be clean, with no nicks or bumps, also try holding the rubber at more of an acute angle, so its just the very edge of the rubber touching the glass, and apply less pressure, just a couple of ideas

check the rubber, it should be clean, with no nicks or bumps, also try holding the rubber at more of an acute angle, so its just the very edge of the rubber touching the glass, and apply less pressure, just a couple of ideas
Yep.
Yes mate dry the blade after every pull which is better across than down if you don't that might be where the streaks coming from but as above it's just practise.

Oki doki, bout to do some practicing (scraper came today aswell, yay)

Scrims on order, but for practicing, what shall I use for mopping? Dish cloth, polish cloth(seems to work just now on tries water marks?), the window cloth from the market i used yesterday or a microfiber ???

Just done some practicing. Going top down vertically is working best for me, but still having to squeegee 3 times /emoticons/sad.png

Latest Posts

Back