Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Have I Done Wrong

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Applicator an squeegee came today so had a go, as you do.

Used sainsburys washing up liquid

Cleaned up wish a blue cloth that I got from the market ages ago.

Every was straight from the packet except cloth which has been washed,

But I got skids lol ( water marks) on bits of the window /emoticons/sad.png
Hi mate, it sounds like you may need to invest in some decent gear. Go to Wintecs http://www.wintecs.co.uk/catalog/index.php and have a browse round. If you can afford it go for Unger. Get at least 2 heavy duty scrims and wash them in the washing machine to make them more workable, 4 large microfibres, a decent sized bucket, an ergo tech handle (you can interchange channels on these), 10x 36" hard unger rubber (you can cut this to the size of your channel), 1x 12" channel, 1x 10" channel, a bucket on a belt + a belt (saves a whole load of time faffing about), 1x 14" T bar, 1x 14" monsoon sleeve, and some pouches to put your clothes in. I put my dry clothes in my left pouch and my wet/sill ones in my right pouch.

This lot won't be cheap, but you will look professional and in turn if you look the part people will be more likely to put work your way!

One more tip, when you get a nick in your 12" rubber turn it over and use as normal. Nine times out of 10 the nick will be one just the one side. When you get a nick in both sides trim it just so you cut the nick, but leave enough to over hang the channel. When the rubber is totally nicked on both sides cut it down to fit your 10" channel. I've got 100's of rubbers lying around, I can't bare to chuck them away /emoticons/biggrin.png .

There's a window cleaner who does our road and carries his gear in a carrier bag. He looks like a tramp TBH. No way I would have him clean my windows as he don't look the part!

Image goes a long way, oh and don't forget a ladder with at least 13 rungs.

Hi mate, it sounds like you may need to invest in some decent gear. Go to Wintecs http://www.wintecs.co.uk/catalog/index.php and have a browse round. If you can afford it go for Unger. Get at least 2 heavy duty scrims and wash them in the washing machine to make them more workable, 4 large microfibres, a decent sized bucket, an ergo tech handle (you can interchange channels on these), 10x 36" hard unger rubber (you can cut this to the size of your channel), 1x 12" channel, 1x 10" channel, a bucket on a belt + a belt (saves a whole load of time faffing about), 1x 14" T bar, 1x 14" monsoon sleeve, and some pouches to put your clothes in. I put my dry clothes in my left pouch and my wet/sill ones in my right pouch.

This lot won't be cheap, but you will look professional and in turn if you look the part people will be more likely to put work your way!

One more tip, when you get a nick in your 12" rubber turn it over and use as normal. Nine times out of 10 the nick will be one just the one side. When you get a nick in both sides trim it just so you cut the nick, but leave enough to over hang the channel. When the rubber is totally nicked on both sides cut it down to fit your 10" channel. I've got 100's of rubbers lying around, I can't bare to chuck them away /emoticons/biggrin.png .

There's a window cleaner who does our road and carries his gear in a carrier bag. He looks like a tramp TBH. No way I would have him clean my windows as he don't look the part!

Image goes a long way, oh and don't forget a ladder with at least 13 rungs.
Totally agree with you and some sound advice there.

Thank you

Back