Great marketing thechnique

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by colinvansmith, Mar 4, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. I currently have a website and only get about 1% from it i use the leaflet with the first clean free which i build into the overall price so it doesn't cost me anything over all, My leaflet is a bit of marketing genius and my leaflet to customer ratio is around 5%.

most people worry about plastering there logo all over the leaflet but its irrelevent most customers don't care what your company is called or when it was established and all that bollacks. My leaflet reads like the page of a newspaper with colums so when people read it they can read it quick and as its setout in the template of a newspaper people think they are being educated.

its in black and white with a picture of me in the top right corner holding a ladder. the ***le is a massive headline saying how to claim your free windows clean. i then have a collum stating eight reasons wht they should use us the first being "hire us as your regular window cleaner and we will give you the first clean free" ( which it isnt as its built into the price but the customer think they are getting a free offer)

I have a colum ***led "what you should be asking before hiring any window cleaner" this automatically makes the customer think i'm the expert in this industry as i'm giving them advice.

i offer them a guarantee that if they are not happy with the job we will fix it within 24 hours or its free.

i offer two inside cleans free per year again saving them money ( i have been using this leaflet for over a year and have never been asked to do the inside for free as yet )

i put a couple of joking sort of statements that are slightly cheeky which most people can relate to for example "your windows will be so shiny you'll need sun glasses to look at them"

i print thhese leaflets on pink A4 sheets straight from my home printer, i bought a laser printer for £50 i get around 3000 leaflets to a cartridge and then it costs me £6 pound to get some toner too refill. This costs me roughly £50 for 10000 leaflets. ( i have tried paying loads for professionally printed leaflets but this method gets me three times the business and is far cheaper )

lastly i roll the leaflets up and put a small elastic band round them ( i use hair brading elastic bands which you can pick up for buttons at any hair dressers or ebay etc.) the reason i do this is once posted people curiosity gets the better of them and rather than throw my leaflet out with the rest of the junk mail they have this pink scroll lying there which they cant help but un roll and have a look at.

I have my contact details and logo in the middle at the bottom large enough to read easily but not big enough as to take away from the rest of the leaflet

Its all psychology and i swear by this method it works fantastic

Colin

Advertisement
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

You have some good ideas there

3. Windowwhiz

Windowwhiz Guest

I'd love to see a Copy of the flyer pleeeeeease!!!!!

4. it won't let me attach it as i made it using microsoft publisher if u send me your email i'll send it on

colin

5. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Please try and upload again i have edited the site to allow .pub files

Attached Files:

7. ccng

ccng Guest

colin
    I really need to see ths flyer,you have the ideas dude.
    CCNg

8. [align=center]

its attached somewhere in the post[/align]

9. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Its attached in this post https://www.windowcleaningforums.co.uk/thread-112-post-451.html#pid451

10. Windowwhiz

Windowwhiz Guest

Thanks Colinvansmith I'll have a look on my main pc as can't look at it on iPhone

Advertisement