Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Jetwashing

Gmeister

Looking at this one that MK advised a while ago!

http://www.jetmac.co.uk/13hp-loncin-jetwashers?pm2_a=show&pm2_id=21#!prettyPhoto[pi]/1/

A couple of questions.

Does it have to be 13hp or can you work ok on a 5hp(around that mark)

Am assuming you use outdoor tap? Or do you use your tanks in your van?

If you use outdoor tap and there wasnt one, can you use one of them hozzlelock adaptor for the kitchen sink, any good?

Come across posts(Smurfs) where you use a bin for water? Whats that about?

id recommend 3000 psi 13 or 14 hp and a minium of 15 lpm and a turbo nozzle , you can draw your water supply from the customers tap in their house if necessary , if you go for a smaller spec washer it will cost you a lot of time .the reason for using a bin is because the tap pressure in most houses wouldnt have enough pressure and water to supply the washer .

I was advised not to use a tap, I was told it would pro-long the life of it if I was taking it from a barrel. Which to be faire if your spending all that on one you really want to make it last. All you need is a 25ltr barrel or small bucket. Just run a the hose from the tapto the barrel / bucket. then let the pressure washer sook it from the barrel / bucket.

If they dont have an outdoor tap I ask you use the inside tap (make sure you have different connection for all taps) failing that I have only had to do this once but I have a 1000litre water tank I dropped it off (empty) at the house. Filled it up when it was suitable for the customer. Then went back when I had time (next day) and done it that way.

Ive tried using that tank in my van It never worked well for me. lol. Go for something about 15 litre per min. I was told no less than 10 litre per min

Wouldnt the washer draw water from the barrel faster then it can fill up at 15ltr per min?
It all depends on the water pressure. You wont constantly have your hand on the trigger, well I dont. Im not sure how others work. This should give it time to fill back up.

If tap pressure is pants you will soon be playing catch up using a 25ltr gorilla tub/container trust me I know. Can take twice as long to do a job waiting for the water to keep refilling.

That is why I will be starting to use a 210 litre wheelie bin in future on all jobs so will not need to be stopping so much. Ideally would like to build myself a pressure washer trailer rig in the near future as would be a lot quicker to use.

Donny if its possible can you show some pics of your wheely bin set up with your interior set up. usually when i see ahow a setup is conected up, general diy will kick in.

Have you fixed a hoselock fitting in the rear pop of bin, how is the float fitted,i guess its the same as a cistern, be great to get a peek. give me an idea how to set up.

cheers.

If tap pressure is pants you will soon be playing catch up using a 25ltr gorilla tub/container trust me I know. Can take twice as long to do a job waiting for the water to keep refilling.
That is why I will be starting to use a 210 litre wheelie bin in future on all jobs so will not need to be stopping so much. Ideally would like to build myself a pressure washer trailer rig in the near future as would be a lot quicker to use.
Its been fine so far so no complaints on my end. I do see where your coming from its going to be useless if you have to stop every x mins

Yep it's very frustrating indeed as it seems lots of homes around my way have low mains pressure. I was thinking of getting a water bowser then decided not a good idea as a trailer with a chepo ibc would give me more flexability on jobs also to carry my kit about. Would then have the choice to use the pressure washer static in the trailer or use it portable with a wheelie bin on jobs when needed to.

Only problem I'm having is finding the right trailer for the job that is not too big so can be easily locked away in my rented garage at night that is suitable to carry my pressure wash kit aswell as the extra weight of using a full 1000 ltr tank.

Got any ideas?

Yep it's very frustrating indeed as it seems lots of homes around my way have low mains pressure. I was thinking of getting a water bowser then decided not a good idea as a trailer with a chepo ibc would give me more flexability on jobs also to carry my kit about. Would then have the choice to use the pressure washer static in the trailer or use it portable with a wheelie bin on jobs when needed to.
Only problem I'm having is finding the right trailer for the job that is not too big so can be easily locked away in my rented garage at night that is suitable to carry my pressure wash kit aswell as the extra weight of using a full 1000 ltr tank.

Got any ideas?
Thats a tricky one. You will pay for a trailer though there not cheap. Im not sure how much the smaller ones can hold weight wise. I would assume thats what's going to be the issue?

That's the main problem I found as the max rating on smaller trailers are a lot lower. /emoticons/sad.png

Only other option I guess is maybe I use a small tank in a trailer as I already have a spare 450 flat tank which would keep me going for a bit longer than using a wheelie bin. /emoticons/smile.png

will weight become an problem as 450l is not far off half a tonne plus the trailer weight, tbh smurf i dont think you will come across many jobs that a 220 l wheeliebin would not keep you going

Going to give the wheelie bin method a try first for this weekend jobs booked in then go from there. /emoticons/wink.png

That reminds me I still have to sort out a longer pressure washer intake hose for the bin.

What size hose od/id do you chaps use?

will weight become an problem as 450l is not far off half a tonne plus the trailer weight, tbh smurf i dont think you will come across many jobs that a 220 l wheeliebin would not keep you going

when i was looking on ebay 4 a trailer , i noticed farmers sometimes sell on the trailers they use to transport sheep and pigs, most with mesh sides, around 5ft / 4 ft, used for transporting 2-4 small livestock. if i lived on my own id have got it. went 4 £300. on a normal trailer just put 2 axle stands underneath rear, small scaffolding board up you go. well thats my setup.

Mine is 1" hose od from the wheelie bin too the pressure washer, i feed from the bottom off the bin though as its easier to expel air from system that way. Ive seen lads using normal 1/2 " hose though with no problems.

Latest Posts

Back