Green Window Cleaning

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by lisaheader, Mar 22, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. lisaheader

lisaheader Guest

Hey guys,
    I am new to this forum and I just had a look around it but I couldn't find anything about green window cleaning - what I mean is cleaning without using chemicals, just some natural products and stuff or homemade ones.
    Anyone got any tips or recipes?

Advertisement
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Well most on here use wfp (Water fed pole) which is green as all we use is purified water.

3. greenclean

greenclean Guest

"cleaning without using chemicals, just some natural products"

:)

natural products have chemicals in them. water is a chemical. there is no real standards for green cleaning, you can say using WFP is green as it's just water, you can also say traditional is green if you use only natural, bio-degradable products to clean the windows etc.

4. lisaheader

lisaheader Guest

Ok, ok, my mistake - what I meant was non-toxic, that doesn't poison the environment...

5. greenclean

greenclean Guest

6. nearlyclean

Supplier

Been using this Swar***a general cleaning liquid from B&Q for a tenner,One of my customers has a few cats and didn't want to kill any of them (my life wouldn't be worth living,her daughter is a lawyer) cleaning her gutters and pvc fascia check the bottle harmful to animals and plants.do think i should pour it down the drain.:)

7. greenclean

greenclean Guest

i'm sure she'll love you for it.

8. nearlyclean

Supplier

I think you would have to feed it to them to do any actual harm
    I used it on some heavy soiled pvc window frames and they came up like new,it is really good for cleaning for the money.I put a bit on the brush and then work it in then rinse,it rinses really well and leave no residue to cause spotting

9. greenclean

greenclean Guest

never seen the stuff before so worth having a look if it's available in BnQ

10. nearlyclean

Supplier

Swarfega multi purpose
    Its not bad and you can dive in B&Q and get it
    I'm going to get some Ecover TFR and compare

Advertisement