Greetings From Preston!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by MikeJP, Jun 19, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. MikeJP

MikeJP Active Member

Afternoon all,

Just thought i'd use my first ever post by saying a big hello to those old and new on the forum.

I am currently in the beginnings of setting up my own window cleaning business and this forum seems like a great place to start for info, advice etc.

I'm short on money but long on time, (unemployment sucks!) but i'm enthusiastic and determined enough to make this work!!

I'm sure i'll have plenty of questions to follow soon no doubt :D I seem to be suffering from a bout of 'paralysis by analysis' at the moment though! :wacko: :blink:

Cheers,
    Mike

Advertisement
  2. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Hello from Sherwood Forest Mike, this is the right place for friendly advice mate so welcome.

3. simon

simon Guru

good luck to ya,

4. mark m

mark m Hero

Welcome to the forum Mike

5. laddergarder

welcome to the forum, pal.

What have you got set-up at the moment, and more importantly what are you over thinking? get out there :blink:.

6. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Welcome to the forum pal!!

I started off with a £60 set of ladder from b&q, second hand pouch, scrims, mop and blade, didn't even have a bucket on a belt, and just an old mop bucket or whatever bucket I could find..

It dosent take that much to get going, go tell the benefits office your ideas and they will help you out with ££

7. MikeJP

MikeJP Active Member

My set up so far consists of the traditional basics (squeegee, bucket, T-bar, microfibre cloths etc) which is allowing me to practice at home at the moment. I'm defo looking into the WFP pole route (trolley system probably) as well as using the Traditional method and I've got about 1k available if needs be to get kitted out properly.

My mind seems to be stuck on the whole pricing up of jobs at the moment though. I'm eager to get out there and do some canvassing now but i'm reluctant to do so in case my pricing is wrong. Dont want to be under-pricing jobs and undercutting fellow window cleaners as well as possibly over pricing jobs!

But you guys are right, I need to get there and give it a shot!

Cheers,
    Mike

PS. thanks for the welcome guys :)

8. Paul

Paul Guest

Welcome to the forum mate enjoy and fire away with your questions the members here have a vast amount of knowlege

9. harunh

harunh Legend

Welcome to the forum mate.... U will get sued to the prices after u have priced a few jobs up... You will learn how to price more effectively as weeks go by.

Starting up trad is good thats how a lot of people have started and now they have 2 vans on the road and full wfp set ups ! so it came surely work.

You can go trad and get a backpack which is what most people do in your shoes.

Good luck mate !

Any questions then feel free to ask - We are here to help ;)

10. Posh

Posh Hero

Greetings.

Advertisement