Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help please..pre filter draining when ro turned off

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Greener

Hi all, I hope this works as this is the first time I have uploaded a video :cool: I'm not sure if this is normal and has always been happening and I just haven't noticed? Or something is wrong with my system? I noticed today that when I turn off my RO system via the control unit the very first pre filter the one the tap water goes into first drains down about a 3rd of the way? Then when I turn it back on fills up again to the top and starts the filtration process /emoticons/smile.png. As always your advise is very much appreciated.

[media]

[/media]

on the inlet is that a tap or a T piece and how far does the water level actualy drop

Last edited by a moderator:
all I can say is...mine doesnt drop after switch off.../emoticons/biggrin.png

yours is a slightly different arrangement than mine....cant see it doing any harm mind you...it sounds like when the pressure drops its syphoning back down...dont know where the air gets in though...help will come when the experts wake up ..

your pre filter does look cleaner than mine though...

Thanks for your reply cheap /emoticons/wink.png yea I don't think it's the norm as I thi I'd have noticed before? Just can't make it out, you'd think the vessel should stay full all the time. Completely Changed all filters at start of January buddy :thumbsup:

sounds like air is able to get back in to me but...how comes you dont get a water leak out...? so you could just tighten up the cannister a bit more...got mine to do for the first time soon but whilst I am getting the good ole 000 leaving it alone although after reading good ole spruceys post on the effect of chlorine on my ro membranes will be done soon....anyway hope some one can help you soon...I would think that air may encourage algae...

My understanding is how that micron filter canister works is when the water comes in under tap pressure it fills the outside of the filter side first. Then whilst under pressure passes through the filter up the middle and out into the next filter. I'm guessing that when the tap is turned off it is quite normal to see a drop in the water level as the tap has been turned off but pressure is still left in the system.

Back