Groupon deal

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Smurf, Apr 22, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I've just seen this groupon deal what do you think?:rolleyes:

Cleaning For Up to 15 Windows and Doors (£14.95), 15m of Guttering (£25.95) or Both (£34.95)

Highlights
    • Exterior glass and frame cleaning for up to 15 windows and doors
    • Or clearing and cleaning of up to 15 metres of guttering
    • Or both services combined
    • Valid six days a week, 9am-6pm
    • Within a 10-mile radius of *** ***
    The Deal
    Homes can be spruced up with a thorough exterior clean for the glass and frames of up to 15 units of windows and doors. Alternatively, unsightly blockages can be cleared from up to 15 metres of guttering, with a wipe down also included to thoroughly complete the cleaning. Those fancying the full package can opt for both services.
    Choose from the following options:
    • £14.95 for window and door cleaning
    • £25.95 for gutter cleaning
    • £34.95 for both
    [​IMG]
    Groupon Asks ******, sales director of *********** to tell us more about the business' services and the benefits of maintaining a clean exterior.
    G: What's your ethos?
    "We realised with a purified water system we can offer the value for money and quality of cleaning our customers needed. With our dedicated employees, cutting-edge equipment and computerised scheduling system we aim to provide a service far superior to many others out there."
    G: Whay is the best time of the year to get a gutter clean?
    "All year round, but especially before the heavy rainfall of the autumn and winter months."
    G: What are the main benefits of the service?
    "Many gutters are full of debris which builds up over time if not removed. This can cause blockages which lead to unsightly overflowing of the guttering system in periods of heavy rainfall. By having the gutter cleaned, it can do the job it is designed for."

Fine Print
    Validity:Expires 90 days after purchase.
    Purchase:Limit 1 per domestic household. May buy 3 additional as gifts.
    Booking: Required by phone. 24-hour cancellation policy.
    Restrictions: Valid Mon-Sat 9am-6pm. Must be 18 or older. Domestic clean only. Valid within 10 mile radius of *** ***; additional miles charged at 45p per mile. Down pipe is classed as 3 meters of guttering. Valid on option purchased only.

Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

dont know what to say to that.....but i do like down pipe is classed as 3 metres of guttering...i hope some one phones up with 15 huge windows...i suppose we could all do that deal in our area but would we want too....:eek:

3. TolishAPurd

Computorised scheduling....oooooooohhh.

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I don't know if you folks are aware how groupon works for sellers so after I've explained have a look at that offer again.
    Groupon insists that each deal is at least 70-75% off normal price then takes a 50% cut of each individule sale in fees.

I don't think that chap has thought it through very well do you?:rolleyes:

5. Njones

Njones Well-Known Member
    Supplier

That's a VERY expensive way to gain low priced & mostly "one-off" work!!
    I've heard very few Groupon success stories - especially from window cleaners. :(

6. TolishAPurd

I had no idea that was how it worked smurf, ad I don't think that guy does too. My only thought is thathe is looking longterm, in the same way that someone does when they buy an existing round. What sucks is that every customer that calls is going to be a 'first clean', and possibly just a one off. He'll probably be out of business in a year if he keeps charging these prices and devaluing his trade.

7. norm

norm Grand Master

think ya would get mostly one off cleans out of this as TolishAPurd says

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#8 Smurf, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    My honest opinion I think cleaners have to be one sandwich short of a picnic to want to run a groupon campaign.:confused:

Hmmmm I wonder how can I drum up some extra work....
    I've got it I will simply reduce my prices by say 70% then give away half of what I earn on each job to a total stranger. But wait he keeps all the money upfront first then pays me when he feels like it.

Now that's got to be barking mad surely?:D

9. shazzy692002

To be fair, everyone has to start somewhere. If you do a good enough job, you may get called back to do reg cleans, that's what you hope for...I always use groupon for deals. But I do feel sorry for the sellers. I always leave a good tip.

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Groupon don't give a flying fig about sellers as the business model is based around buyers for sure.
    There has been some right horror stories with small firms getting into financial difficulty running groupon deals.

Advertisement