Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What's the highest paid?

scrim it

Just wondering what I the highest paid monthly window cleaning job you have heard off? Some one I know had a contract for £350 every two weeks.this was over 5 years ago. Any one heard of higher than this. It was a private hospital. I've a large head office to price and bit stuck on how to price it. High 3 storey with lot of glass. Got me thinking.

I'm not bothered what others are upto to be honest as you could win a million pound yearly contract but at the same time not make any gross profit.

I'm not worried what everyone else earns but was wondering what type of money is involved in some jobs. What would you all approx charge for this building on a monthly basis, a little less windows around the back but still a lot??

3 storey but quite high.

View attachment 2568

Nice looking building, difficult to price from that pic though but by my reckoning theres best part of £300 in just the windows there, you say there's more round the back?

I just bagged a massive school which i start on monday, and i always look at the type of frames and the type seals fitted plus how easy access is as a factor of pricing. I spend at least half an hour walking around and imagine where i will be standing and where my hose will be running, where i need to park, where people traffic will be an issue, also garden area's and where car's parked or access they need.

Its easy to walk round after hours then when you come to them there's thirty cars all in a row right where you thought you could stand!!!

Hope this helps a little

Thanks keir. Goods advice. I haven't used my pole that high before. It's higher than it looks. worried about the control of it.

Would you rinse with the brush touching the glass at that height?

Yea more windows around sides and back and was thinking minimum £450-£500 but couldn't imagine a company paying that out every month for window cleaning hence my original question. Also if the glass was hydrophilic that would help a lot.

I work mainly on my own and was thinking it might be too big a job for one man and his pole.

Any thoughts even on a price on what is shown in the photo. Click on photo to enlarge.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Nice looking building, difficult to price from that pic though but by my reckoning theres best part of £300 in just the windows there, you say there's more round the back?
I just bagged a massive school which i start on monday, and i always look at the type of frames and the type seals fitted plus how easy access is as a factor of pricing. I spend at least half an hour walking around and imagine where i will be standing and where my hose will be running, where i need to park, where people traffic will be an issue, also garden area's and where car's parked or access they need.

Its easy to walk round after hours then when you come to them there's thirty cars all in a row right where you thought you could stand!!!

Hope this helps a little
good reply keir makes you think

hope you get the job looking at pic looks ideal to do

looks high, there for rinse on glass for the high ones then when your lower rinse of glass how long do you think it would take to do

what size poll have you got

Hope this helps a little
Another thing to consider is when will you get paid, some large companies are known for wanting 90 days credit, so you may need to factor that in with your quote. If they pay when the job is completed thats fine, but if they want longer add it on to the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice. I have a slx 30 so would need to get one or two extension poles to add on i think

I was thinking it would take one person 2 days but not sure until you get started.

I've got a job that's £800 every 6weeks. Company's know its a cost and are happy to pay if you do a good job.

Another thing to consider is when will you get paid, some large companies are known for wanting 90 days credit, so you may need to factor that in with your quote. If they pay when the job is completed thats fine, but if they want longer add it on to the price.

hmmm yes ...just when do you get the money.....looks quite scary at the beginning but once you get stuck in should be okay at least its compact..../emoticons/smile.png like tuffers said at the weekend or very early in the morn..now if you can just persuade them to pay by direct debit ....offer them a discount....sweet..

Last edited by a moderator:
Gave them a quote but they went with someone else.
Yea win some, yea lose some, thats the way it goes mate. Its all good experience though going through the process, pricing a big job is not easy

Gave them a quote but they went with someone else.
Too bad, looked a good one to have. Chin up as they say 'As one door closes another one opens.' I quoted a small factory type place the other week. I didn't go over board with the quote. It was an absolute minger and they wanted it cleaned 8 weekly. I also put in a fair price for the cladding above the windows to smarten the place up. I emailed my quote and phoned a few days later to make sure I had the email address right. Not heard a dicky bird from them.

That's the problem with large commercial quotes as you can spend loads of time fecking about only to find some numpty will do it for next to nothing. That’s also another good reason why I don't go out of my way quoting commercial stuff anymore. I have also been messed about with 90 day **** before so I would rather concentrate on domestic work now.

Well finished that school i mentioned, happy with my pricing, but!!! It was still more work than i thought, they were the mankiest frames i have ever cleaned. In hindsight i would of liked to charge another £50 but doubt i would of got the job.

The last folk to do it charged half of what i did..........there's absolutely no way on gods earth i would even think of doing it for any less than i charged, they must of either been mugs or just work for peanuts

But funny how the school didnt use them this time, their work must of reflected the price!!

Well finished that school i mentioned, happy with my pricing, but!!! It was still more work than i thought, they were the mankiest frames i have ever cleaned. In hindsight i would of liked to charge another £50 but doubt i would of got the job.
The last folk to do it charged half of what i did..........there's absolutely no way on gods earth i would even think of doing it for any less than i charged, they must of either been mugs or just work for peanuts

But funny how the school didnt use them this time, their work must of reflected the price!!

hey thats not bad pricing only £50 adrift on a school...:cool:

I used to clean A massive office only 2 stories but went on forever Id start with my cousin at 6am and finish about 10ish on the outside and then 12ish inside dont get how that worked more window inside lol. Traditionally I cleaned this for £150 inside and out £330 inside and out I only charged that much because he always paid by bloody check. This was before I sold my round so I guess the price would of increased by about £30 - £50 now

Back