Gumtree jobs not free anymore - alternatives?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by adamangler, Oct 9, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

As above, it now costs £25 to advertise in general jobs, ive tried various new accounts and its the same.

Is there anywhere else i can place a job add (for a canavsser/leafletter) for free?

apart from FB

thanks

Advertisement
  2. Goodkingnige

Goodkingnige Member

You can advertise through the JobCentre if you can negotiate the cruddy Government interface

3. 1393jason

1393jason Active Member

Have you tried facebook? I have used it before with success to bring on staff when needed.

4. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

25 pounds is not much if u get someone decent

all job centres will put it up for free

5. Goodkingnige

Goodkingnige Member

LOL

True - but in the usual way of superannuated civil servants they've made it almost impossible to use the service. You have to go through the Government Gateway which was designed by chimpanzees on acid, and is implemented by orangutans on Prozac.

But on a more positive (possibly) note - there's an advert appearing on these pages which directs to Post a job on Adzuna for free

It says it's a free job posting? I have no idea whether it is or isn't (or if it's any good) - just saying.

You might be better off using the old-fashioned card in the newsagents window - it's cheap (typically £5 will buy you 10 weeks), and it's local.

Or you could spend a morning "body-snatching" outside the job centre - it's how I got suckered into the canvassing business in the first place.

6. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

I agree but having posted on there half a dozen times in the past and finding no one decent it would be a waste of money.

I'll try the job centre thanks

Advertisement