Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardeners Backpack

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

just recieved my gardeners backpack, incase my speedcontroller on my wcw one has knackered that one. i will see when the new speed controller is fitted .

anyway arrived this morning, on charge now, no lcd lights lit up. they do when you turn power on. ill wait till gharger goes green. i will test it out and let you know if my lid keeps coming off as people have said.

it dosent have a tap fitted as on the wcw backpack. i know they charge 4 this but it is better turning the tap off on hose rather than bending to turn power off fully.

looks like i will have to order a tap to fit on, i wish they showed this option on there website. hopefully my wcw speed controller does the job and concentrate on that one.

let you know how i get on.

i always feel guilty sat about but need to charge bp fully.

i have a wcw backpack, can i rewire as not to have it connected to the voltage meter , the thing on the front of the backpack showing battery usage, this looks like its been blown out, may have got damaged by my problem with the smoking backpack.

fitted new speed controller , that works fine, but no water coming from the pump, is there anyway i can check pump out. i dont know if you have to have it wired up to the voltaged meter . this may need bypassing. you would think someone could do a backpack as they do a trolley system. ill have to work it out.

any ideas or help to get it sorted will be a great help.

You can check the pump by applying + and - to the correct terminal of a battery. You can also remove the battery gauge by snipping the wires to it.

so the battery gauge is of no use really, i can disconect that, then concentrate on the pump, battery, and speed controller. a case of eliminating each item. i know the batterys ok, i know speed controllers ok, check pump. its a shame to discard it as it has potential. when i get a bit of time.

any one know where i can buy a speed controller for gardiner backpack i bought a second hand backpack of ebay as a back up, but the speed controller doesnt work. cheers

My wcw backpack stopped pumping water today. Reckon my pumps kaput. My speed controller works. Battery is showing fully charged but no water coming out. Can you buy new pumps for them if they are knackard or somet similar. Again I don't wanna get rid of it has its brilliant when it goes.

It's the controler. Connected pump to my van battery & off it went. Put it all back together & it goes but got to have the controller full on which ain't a problem as don't use it anyway. Trying to think of a way of overriding it as I control the water with my tap. Will look at them pumps as always handy to have a spare. Cheers for that.

Back