Gutter Balloon

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by Barryy, May 18, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Barryy

Barryy Member

Anyone any experience in using these? Downpipe Balloon.jpg I do a lot of gutter cleaning and was thinking of offering them to custies for an additional charge. Are they effective? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

Yep. Those particular ones in the pic are actually very good too.

3. cheapncheerful

good idea Barryy..can save a lot of hassle as they keep all the muck from catching and blocking the downspouts....and whos stupid idea was it to start putting a screw through the downspout to hold it in place as the sharp end just starts the clogging up process quicker...and seen it a lot on water butts / diverters as well so sell it as an essential item...which it is...:)

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

No good if the roof is covered in moss as will soon block that ballon as I found out last week as only cleared the gutters last month. The side I had put a ballon in that gutter was overflowing again so cleared the blockage from around the ballon and was asked to take it out.

I will put them in if ppl ask but also tell them it's a catch-twenty-two as will help prevent the downspout bends getting blocked but may cause the gutters to get blocked quicker using a ballon in the downspout.

5. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

I offer them too. For some people they are a good idea. Like people with screws through their down pipe joints and those who get a lot of leaves and such like.

6. cheapncheerful

yes smurf i have a bit of a moss situation on my house cant believe it can come that fast...its maybe twice a year i have to do my own....and i get naff all money for it...the wife wouldnt even notice if the water was like niagra falls...:)

7. TolishAPurd

Soundsto me like the balloon did its job. Better to have a blocked gutter then a blocked drain. ...for us at least anyway. :D

8. cheapncheerful

yeh would we be getting these from screwfix/toolstation? more stuff for my boot...:)

9. TolishAPurd

My local plumbing merchant sells them, but you can pick them up off ebay for a reasonable price too.

10. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

As well as the places mentioned, they can be bought from B&Q. Off the shelf, they are a little more expensive than Screwfix, but the price comes down with a trade card.

Advertisement