Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First clean from hell!!!!!!!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

D

David Williams

Just had the worst first clean ever.

The customer sacked the old window cleaner last week after he cleaned the windows LAST WEEK

I cleaned today and couldn't believe my eyes.....

The frames were green the muck coming out of the frames you could have put on the garden

The vents you couldn't see.

Bearing in mind these were cleaned last week.

I asked the customer was he using a pole system?

Yes was the answer.

He had been cleaning her windows for 11 years ( not any more I may add )

1hour 20minutes later = new happy customer :)

I can't believe there are cowboy window cleaners

It isn't rocket science....!

Wish I had taken pics...!

Just see the customer at the school gate and she gave me another £10

She must be pleased:)

hi and welcome David Williams....thanks for that i just got a new job who i used to do about eight years ago ...she cleared off to greece with her new husband and came back a year or so later with out him...as you do....i did post a card through but i obviously stopped doing it and she didnt get back to me until now....and she said oh i havent had them cleaned since you did them......grrr.. so your little story reminds me of what i am in for tomorrow...just hope shes out and i can get stuck in ...as the forecast tomorrow isnt very good....custys who would have em..../emoticons/smile.png

^^ lol, I have one to do tomorrow like you cnc. They had some work done and called me to do the inside of the conny roof while the work was being done. I said give me a call when you're ready. It's been over 12 months and she called me on Tuesday to ask where I was :rolleyes:. I had given up on it and wasn't that bothered about not doing it. I will have to up the price as it is well under-priced. Can't see that going down too well, but if they don't like it they can get some other mug to do them :thumbsup:

yeh this bloomin forum is affecting me...its all the testosterone floating about...well, not off shazzy and crew of course, today i started smurfing my prices...well you lot get away with it so why cant i? i just put one up without asking thought what the heck.....maybe the bloomin storm muck sending me mad:mad:

yeh so far me dodged the inside conny roof jobs ....they the worst although a tip off here i will try is that windowvac....dont know who posted but thanks who ever you were....well otherwise it just gotta drip drip drip and right into your face......even if you just spray them...it always end up on your face....good luck with that one...mind you the weather looks pretty naff tomorrow so probably a good job...:laugh:

I cant believe they stuck with that windowcleaner for so long. Would love to see some of the other houses that he does. Did you charge more than than him?.

I had a first clean today. It wasnt too bad apart from the fact that the dogs seemed to prefer to dump on the path around the house rather than on the 3 acre garden that surrounded it. Long streaky poos as well......looked like they had been on the vindaloo!. didnt get any on me ladder though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant believe they stuck with that windowcleaner for so long. Would love to see some of the other houses that he does. Did you charge more than than him?.
I had a first clean today. It wasnt too bad apart from the fact that the dogs seemed to prefer to dump on the path around the house rather than on the 3 acre garden that surrounded it. Long streaky poos as well......looked like they had been on the vindaloo!. didnt get any on me ladder though.
hmmm yes....me had a smurf moment today...i call them smurf moments after a post where he said he nearly fell off....i was trying to get around the back of a house and one side is a shed in the way ,the other a walk through a rotten gate and the dogs dumping ground ...not fancying that i walk along the wall carrying my ladder which is kinda scary, but hey i have done it for years..

..i was nicely walking the wall back and thinking how well the day had gone and i came to the tricky bit...this bit the bush had grown over and you couldn't see the wall....well i kinda miss balanced and nicely fell backwards....lucky for me some how i caught the wall with my foot and managed to regain my balance....well i would have fallen on a plastic oil tanker but who knows where my ladder would have ended up and remember all the dog poop nicely waiting below for me...a close call for sure....oh dont worry next time me gonna kick hell outta that bush....:devil:

You would have been a very smelly splodge of a mess cnc.

Have you ever noticed that when you are cleaning a house with tons of turds about, you always seem to drop a lot more stuff. I always end up with a cloth falling from my pocket straight onto a steaming, stinking piece of dog butt candy.

I have kicked most houses like that into touch. They are just a complete pain.

Just having me tea :puke:
yep i make the tea in the week and went to put the oven on and wifey has put something in there ....happy days:) some sort of pastry type of courgette type of onion thing but what the hell on ta ma second whisky i will eat anything.....:)oh god here she comes better behave now...

I must be a lucky boy. The wife cooked a nice beef pie then washed up and the kids dried while I sat with my feet in front of the fire wondering what my first bevvy should be.

Too true cnc. The worst bit is she rinses the suds off before I can dry the plates. Ever noticed they take longer to dry up when rinsed?
nope sorry never done that job....the first thing i said when we got married is were having a dishwasher....and always had one since..of course you know who has to load the bloomin thing and unload it....grrrr women..they be very crafty:rofl:

Back