Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My first parking penalty

WCF

Help Support WCF:

heyoh

Well after years of window cleaning i received my first parking ticket today... Ive been quite lucky, also i think when wardens see a van with the yellow hose they probably now what im doing.

Anyway this warden today didnt care. I know i could have asked the customer for a permit, but as i said i never had such a problem. Its only 35 quid if i pay it in 14 days, but i will appeal anyway. Does anyone have any experience in this regard? I wouldnt want to involve my customer, but if i have to im sure he wont mind writing a couple sentences for me.

The van was actually parked in front of their drive, so if anything i was blocking their drive.

Ps i wasnt sure which thread i should post it to

Did you take any pics?

Also did you have any warning cones out too?

I have never had any issues in resident parking areas nor double yellows for that matter either. Maybe that warden was below his quota for the day as most ones I speak too let me get on with my job as long as I'm not causing a problem with traffic flow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately no. I was so annoyed i just drove off. I know i should have, but im not sure the warden took any

I would contest the fine anyway and see what happens as you where clearly working on a property at the time under the direction of the house owner

As long as you're clearly working then having a sign on the dashboard stating something like 'Window Cleaner working nearby' should suffice as a Traffic Warden informed me in the past.

I'm sure the warden could see that will the trailing hose. Sounds like a jobs worth to me :confused:

Yeah sounds it. They take digital photos now don't they so if a tradesman sign was visible then it could easily be contested unless the vehicle was ridiculously parked causing danger to others.

Was he on one of them mopeds? Next time run your hose across the road and when he comes along on his hair dryer, get a mate to yank the other end of the hose up. Job done :hehehe:

Was he on one of them mopeds? Next time run your hose across the road and when he comes along on his hair dryer, get a mate to yank the other end of the hose up. Job done :hehehe:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That brings back some memories /emoticons/biggrin.png.....

We used to do this when we were kids (early 70s) with the 'Magic Invisible Rope Trick'.

Stand each side of the road and suddenly yank-up the 'Invisible Rope'.....used to keep us so fit, as we always got chased off by very irate car drivers.

Mmmmm, those were the days :eek:ldy:......kids of today don't have fun like we used to :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was a kid I use to tie a reel of cotton to ppl's door knockers then hide behind their garden wall. Once set knock the door by pulling the cotton. If they hadn't twigged what was going on then I did it again ...Was great fun until you got caught that is /emoticons/biggrin.png

When I was a kid I use to tie a reel of cotton to ppl's door knockers then hide behind their garden wall. Once set knock the door by pulling the cotton. If they hadn't twigged what was going on then I did it again ...Was great fun until you got caught that is /emoticons/biggrin.png
Knock and run, why don't kids do that now? We used to hedge hop too. We'd start at one end of the road and hop over all the hedges in the front gardens till there were none left. Imagine seeing a load of kids hopping over your hedge while you're watching telly and running to the next? It was like the grand national :rofl:

Yep that would be fun /emoticons/biggrin.png

Knock and run, why don't kids do that now? We used to hedge hop too. We'd start at one end of the road and hop over all the hedges in the front gardens till there were none left. Imagine seeing a load of kids hopping over your hedge while you're watching telly and running to the next? It was like the grand national :rofl:

UPDATE

I received the response from the council about my challenge today. Although explaining that I was in the wrong by parking with no permit, they still cancelled the penalty. I learned the lesson I guess, the restriction in that road is only for an hour, so I will keep that in mind next time... :hey:

35 quid stayed in my pocket yay:laugh:

Nice one :thumbsup:

UPDATE
I received the response from the council about my challenge today. Although explaining that I was in the wrong by parking with no permit, they still cancelled the penalty. I learned the lesson I guess, the restriction in that road is only for an hour, so I will keep that in mind next time... :hey:

35 quid stayed in my pocket yay:laugh:

Heyoh, I've just posted a question about London parking today, I will be starting to build up a london round soon as I make the transition back to city life. Any advice on parking and building a round in the city? Cheers

Back