Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flow valve

seanieg

Hi guys, I have recently started using a pole control valve to switch my water on/off. I got to be honest I am struggling with it. The water control is great but the loop of pole hose that you have to drag around with you when pole not at full extention is driving me mad, I seem to keep getting it snagged round plant pots and anything else that is lying around. Has anybody got any tips on how to stop this. I used to have a aquadapter for a few years but I eventually broke. Was tempted to get another one but then the uni valve has hit the market so was going to give that a bit of time before trying that. I use a backpack so a remote option is a no go. So any tips or any other product on the market that you guys use would be good. Cheers

i just got my son a univalve as he uses a backpack all day n he loves it, i always had a gardiners flow valve on the end of the back pack hose but taken it off now as the univalve does the job instead

this is the end of backpack hose & end of pole hose

View attachment 6692

I use a mini john guest tap on the hose between the end of the pole and the brush

When doing tops you turn it on then extend the pole which takes seconds so not really wasting water

Bottoms it is within reach so you can turn it on and off between windows

Back