Gutter cleaning

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Barnsey, Mar 21, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Barnsey

Barnsey Newcomer

Hi all new to this so bear with me. Been window cleaning for almost a year and starting to get a lot of gutter cleaning jobs. Was thinking of buying gutter vac to speed up process. Does anyone have any advice on best one to go for. Have looked at polar vak which seems to have very good airflow rate which I'm told is important. Airflow on some of the higher priced vacs is a lot less. Also is there any issue with running 240v on a generator as most genies have 240v connection.

Advertisement
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Welcome Barnsey i am not sure about the gutter vacs as never used them myself but we do have a few members on here that do, so hopefully they should chime in soon with there advice.

3. Barnsey

Barnsey Newcomer

Cheers Gav, thanks for the welcome

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Welcome Barnsey. I use a gutter vac. It's good for hard to reach gutters, but I find it can take longer to do the whole job with a vac rather than hand balling it. Lots of unplugging from extension, adjusting the poles, muck oozing out of the poles in your van etc.

5. norm

norm Grand Master

hey Barnsey got a 3kw ets guttervac 240v and have used it with generator no probs
    papa Smurf is very knowledgeable in this type of work

6. norm

norm Grand Master

have to agree with Tuffers there

7. Barnsey

Barnsey Newcomer

Yeah will prob go for 240v as won't be getting genie for a while so will be using customers electric. Was just thinking ahead for possible site work.
    Most of the 110v seem to be more expensive anyway. How do you find the vac, has it handled everything you have come across?

8. Barnsey

Barnsey Newcomer

Sorry just seen your reply, yeah I guessed the ladder might still have to come out now and then which if fine as still clean windows using trad.
    Maybe I might put on hold for a bit and concentrate on getting more window cleaning work. Things aren't picking up too quickly on that side of things. Cheers for the help guys.

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I suppose if you can afford a vac, then buy one. They make you look more professional for a start and you can up the price because you have the right gear ;) and it attracts more business when you're seen using it.

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I've just posted some more pics why I tend to do corners of guttering mostly by hand still.

Advertisement