Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van Condensation

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Getting some good info together now! Thanks to all!!

Alien - I like your rubber mat idea, it looks like the grass reinforcement matting you get? Did you paint your ply lining with protectakote because I can't tell if your van floor is currently painted in it?

Cgh - your van looks very tidy, what did you use to line yours with?

I've been out getting quotes for a new clutch today and spoken to quite a few people who say they have always had condensation problems in their vans too - I assumed I was suffering so much because of the 300ltrs of water I lug around. I'm now rethinking my approach and it can go either way at the moment. I'm getting a more positive reaction and reviews about the protectaKote, I don't get in the back of my van much so assume the wear issues wouldn't be as much as a problem. I wanted the UVR version anyway as its meant to be a bit tougher.

Kevin - the gloss idea is tickling my fancy, especially as it would be a damn sight cheaper than the usual Bedliner paints. Can you remember what paints you used? I'm a part time school caretaker so the window cleaning is - hopefully - a supplement to it. I work a split shift so have 6 hours off in the day so it works out perfect at the moment. I'm planning a big flyer drop around the new estates near me and was going to nip in to some of the sales offices to see if I can keep them happy with some discounted rates as a bit of an advertising ploy. Everywhere I look at the moment I seem to see window cleaners so I'm not expecting floods of calls!

Getting some good info together now! Thanks to all!!Alien - I like your rubber mat idea, it looks like the grass reinforcement matting you get? Did you paint your ply lining with protectakote because I can't tell if your van floor is currently painted in it?
It's very similar to the grass matting but it's more like a large matt that you see behind a bar to prevent bottles smashing when dropped- these are thicker.

That is the bare metal flooring of the van bud. I probably should protectacoat it but quite like being able to literally see that there is no rust etc and give it a good clean /emoticons/smile.png

Back