Gutter pole holder

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by Neil, Mar 1, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Neil

Neil Grand Master

Need a bag to put my gutter poles in seen the gardiner ones but thought I would see if anyone has any other links ? NO FUNNY ANSWERS LIKE A SAINSBURYS BAG :)

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

3. Neil

Neil Grand Master

I like to keep all my stuff neatly put away in my van when I use them not saying anyone else isn't tidy I'm just a freak like that lol

4. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

Neil, hand poles or gutter vac poles? I built a holder out of sewer pipe and put it on my roof rack where I permanently keep my gutter vac poles.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

5. Neil

Neil Grand Master

Gutter poles mate but I'm worried someone might nick them round my way if I put them on the roof

6. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

#6 WWC, Mar 8, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
    My pole holder is secured with Jubilee Clips to the roof rack. And the open end is padlocked closed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I used 160mm pipe for the holder with a standard stop at the bottom end fixed in with epoxy resin. The open end has a straight connector again with epoxy resin to hold it on, and the end cap for opening and the bar was off a heathing oil tank. Though you could proably find something else like a proper screw fitting for this size pipe.

NOTE: I have a couple of other vac poles, but when I try to fit them all in, they are a bit of a tight squeeze, though the 5 poles I carry is enough for the vast majority of jobs. I throw the extras into the back of the van only if I am doing a tall job or know there is a long reach such as over a big cony roof then up 2-3 storeys to the gutter. You can get a wider sewage pipe, though suitable fittings were hard for me to find locally.

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#7 Smurf, Mar 8, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
    Funny enough I started of with an old fibreglass surfboard box on the roof of the van to store me poles. I soon got rid when I realised I needed to carry a large set of ladders and conservatory ladder on the roof too so sadly it had to go.

8. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

Thankfully, I still have room for 2 sets of ladders side by side on the roof rack. This holder takes up little room, and I deliberatly put it right on the edge to give me lots of space for ladders.

9. cheapncheerful

great security feature...wish i was nice and tidy:mad: i am going to sort my kit out soon honest....but as soon as i shut the boot....

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

You obviously haven't seen the state of the back of my little berlingo van cheapncheerful. Even the passanger seat is full of **** I need for some jobs.
    One day I may get around to sorting it out too :D

Advertisement