Gutter/soffit/fascia cleaning help

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by adamangler, Apr 10, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Done a couple of gutter, fascia, soffit cleans now and feel there must be a better way, im using an slx 22 with a extreme dual medium mixed brush seem to be towing a bit, water takes ages to rinse off underside of gutter and soffits, i put a microfibre on brush in the end and wiped clean but it got wet clean from brush.

firstly what brush should i be using? is there a brush that glides along rather than this that seems to stick

secondly is there an attatchment you can buy to stick a microfibre on end of pole as wiping clean seems to be the best way

thirdly i use APC or TFR seems fine but is there owt better?

fourthly is it quicker to get up ladders?

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Ladders, cloths and a bucket of warm soapy water, so much better!

5. Utterly Gutterly

I usually wash with a cheap wfp from a portable tank with weak ubik solution, then get up a ladder and wipe it all down with a microfibre cloth. Takes time but the results are usually pretty good. If I can't get up a ladder (over conservatory etc) I attach a cloth to the wfp with clamps and wipe down although you have to wring out the cloth regularly or you can leave smears.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I tend to do the same. Wfp wash the heavy **** off first the detail by hand if need be as wfp even with chems sometimes don’t get it clean enough for me especially bad staining like tiger stripes etc.

7. jimmyboots

jimmyboots Forum Addict

Get an old Superlite or sillbrush and put an extra set of fan jets, hose with T connector in the spare holes. Then you have a brush that you can swap between jets if required. Fan jets are great for gutters.
    I find there's not much timewise between cleaning with pole or ladder. Just a bit more manual work with ladders.
    If I use ladders I use 2 large buckets of warm soapy water. One to keep rinsing the dirt off sponges with, and the other to freshen up the sponge with clean water. I will usually sponge, mop up with microfibre, then buff with dry microfibre. Harder work than just using pole and brush.
    There's all different ways, as long as you leave them clean it's all good :thumbsup:

8. SHAQ TULLOCH

SHAQ TULLOCH Active Member

how much do you charge for this ?

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

A lot lol

10. SHAQ TULLOCH

SHAQ TULLOCH Active Member

average price for gutter cleaning guys?

Advertisement