Gutter vac in rain????

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by Solarpanelcleanington, Sep 26, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Solarpanelcleanington

Solarpanelcleanington Forum Addict

Will it be okay? If I cover it, it'll stop the air and overheat I'm guessing? Need a hat for it.

Advertisement
  2. Roy

Roy Active Member

Never had a problem, just cover the extension lead reel an plug an i always been okay.. sucks up all the **** in gutters better i think, altough you get the all water too.

Wear glasses else the rain will go in your eyes an after a while get you a banging headache.

3. Another Clean Window

Like Roy said it works better in the wet, when the gutters are really dry it clogs my filters and I have to keep cleaning it or the vac over heats and cuts out all the time.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

4. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

using in the rain is fine alltho it will fill with water quick if water is sat in gutter trick is to start at the swan neck that way the water will drain out quicker the numitic hovers are bullet proof not shore about any others tho

5. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

Never had a problem in the rain, but I do use outdoor cables, connections and an RCD.

If the rain is heavy, I throw a tarp cover over the vacant. Just in case.

Advertisement