Gutter Vac Users

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by Tuffers, Nov 17, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Do any of you use your vac without the filter in the drum? Mine was losing suction last time I used it, so I took the filter out (which was dry) and it worked fine, apart from all the muck going all over the gubbins. Will I damage the motors if I continue to use it this way?

Advertisement
  2. Posh

Posh Hero

Always keep my filter in. I have one for dry & one for wet conditions.

3. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

I'd think if you use without the filter small debris and dirt would get into the motors? Maybe be wrong, but same thing applies to a air filter on a car doesnt it, without it it will break eventually.

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

That's what I'm afraid of, but with the filter in it sucks for a bit and then just stops sucking.

5. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

Hmm wonder why that is happening? Nothing blocked in the filter is there?

6. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

No, I always give it a hose down after jobs and leave it to dry. I do use a plastic bag over the inlet to stop wet muck hitting the filter. Don't know if that is causing the problem? But if I didn't use the plastic bag the filter would get wet and be useless.

7. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

Yeh does sound strange that if it has worked fine before, have you tried it without the plastic bag just to see if it's that? Mine has a metal guard that protects the filter from any incoming debris which does help but still get some muck on the filter after a heavy clean. I do the same and just hose it off after each job and let dry out.

8. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I'll try it without the plastic bag next time I use it, but like I say the filter gets clogged and won't suck through if it's wet.

9. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

What make is your vac? You would think as a wet vac it would be designed to take some muck through it? If the filter is old might be worth changing it as maybe the internals of it that you can't see are getting blocked up possibly? Can't think what else might be the problem.

10. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

It's a viper from these http://www.guttercleaningsystems.co.uk. You're right, it should suck wet as well!

Advertisement