Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ionic Triton vs Water Genie Platinum

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Moor

I’m just starting out and looking at buying my first system to go in my Peugeot Expert, I’m unsure which is the best value though. I want a good RO kit which will last and be reliable, I’m in the West Midlands so I’m looking at the cleaning warehouse (Wolverhampton) and Ionic (Swindon) as I’m about in the middle of both.

I went to the Ionic roadshow open today and was very impressed with their kit, especially the poles and was recommended to go with the 500L Triton system (http://www.pure2o.co.uk/product1.php) and 1 or 2 poles depending on my budget. Looking at the water genie platinum (http://thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/500l-platinum-water-genie-professional-system-ro--free-installation--6161-p.asp) it offers pretty much the same but for about £1000 less. I will go and check out cleaning warehouse tomorrow to see the kit but I’m keen to hear what actual users recommend and if the Ionic system is worth the extra?

I’m just starting out and looking at buying my first system to go in my Peugeot Expert, I’m unsure which is the best value though. I want a good RO kit which will last and be reliable, I’m in the West Midlands so I’m looking at the cleaning warehouse (Wolverhampton) and Ionic (Swindon) as I’m about in the middle of both.

I went to the Ionic roadshow open today and was very impressed with their kit, especially the poles and was recommended to go with the 500L Triton system (http://www.pure2o.co.uk/product1.php) and 1 or 2 poles depending on my budget. Looking at the water genie platinum (http://thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/500l-platinum-water-genie-professional-system-ro--free-installation--6161-p.asp) it offers pretty much the same but for about £1000 less. I will go and check out cleaning warehouse tomorrow to see the kit but I’m keen to hear what actual users recommend and if the Ionic system is worth the extra?
i would go for neither of these mate,ionics poles,hhhmmm i was cleaning the next window when the pole finally caught up with me (i borrowed a friends ionic pole on a job once-lordy it was slow)it may suprise you but you can actually buy more advanced and easier to use equipment without buying from the likes of ionic and tcw.

you are just starting out,we see it on the forum nearly every week guys wanting to buy what seems to be the best and we'll all make a fortune from this window cleaning malarky-so i'm told

,i'll tell you in the nicest way i can think of at this time of night,do not trust the road shows or the nicey nicey web sites most don't buy from them and use a mix of equipment from different companies and make your own stystem or maybe have steve scargill make one for you as he is local to you.i'm not being negative you are unsure of what a good ro is,your in a hard water area so you should research this first before buying a stystem

i come across as a right old misery guts moor,but this is only from years and years of wasting money on things and equipment that fails to deliver and breaks at will.

Thanks Kevin, I’m not looking for the best or most advanced, they all do a similar job, what I’m looking for is a system that works for me and is good value for money, I am looking at these particular companies as they are my most local  I will need to get the van to them and leave it so will have to rely on public transport to get home without the van. 

I’m open to all suggestions, which is why I want and value any opinion that’s given, I don’t want to regret an expensive purchase later due to poor research. Of course all the websites will claim theirs is the best system but I want real world opinions. 

If you were to purchase a system, what would you go with? I’m open to mix and arch as that’s probably the way to get best components.

have a nose at facelift on window cleaning warehouse, based in Barry (of Gavin & Stacey fame), if you get there early you could always spend the day at Barry island if the weathers good, systems are sound from what I've heard, and won't break the bank. Or look at grippatank. A large number of members here go for either of them. Or you could diy it for under a grand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pure freedom stuff would get my vote for quality no nonsense gear... and gardiner for poles slx or clx both are the best value for money.

Ironics has always been known to be overpriced and I wouldn't go any near them at those prices. The cleaning warehouse is a better priced system although smaller by 100ltrs than the ironics.

So questions to ask you really are have you done your research in terms of what system you need.

Are you a 1 man operator,Just doing mostly houses.

Can you run hosepipe out to van while it takes hours for the tank to fill.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I would not go with any of the above put a bit more money to it and have a look at grippa.

Grippa offer a nationwide driveway installation with a better product and service they can also supply you with gardiner poles.

save your self a lot of hassel and get a couple  ladders with trad gear and a back pack system with 5 25l drums a clx27 for the aquad windows ,that will get you started then if it goes well get a tank from e.bay flow controler hose real ect 

Thanks for all the replies. 

I have done as much research as I can, unfortunately most of the information out there is the marketing bumpf from the companies websites where they all claim to be the best and from what I can see they are all very, very similar.

I am a one man outfit hoping to offer window cleaning, conservatories and gutters and soffits. The van will be parked very close to a water piece so overnight filling isn’t a problem.

I have a quote from Ionic and they have quoted me for a Triton machine, 25 and 35 foot carbon poles, extra brush head for soffits and fascias, pole rack and a gutter vac for a price that’s very similar to every one else.  I did like their poles though, quick change heads, internal channel for water and the hoses remove from the base when storing.

I’m not opposed to travelling so I will take a look at pure freedom, the facelift stuff looks good too but again it’s similar in price to Ionic. I had a brief look at grippatank, very confusing website so I’m not really sure which system to look at, they look like good products though.

Thanks again to all for the replies so far, I’m very fresh in this so I appreciate every bit of advice I can get.

You need clients first before shelling out thousands of pounds. Not wanting to be negative at all but don't assume that the work will come flooding in as it very rarely does even for very long term established cleaners like myself over 17 years.

Some areas across the UK are saturated with window cleaners

I’m under no illusion that I’m going to be earning straight away, my area has 2 window cleaners covering a fairly wide area, having spoken with friends and neighbours that have used them both, neither have good reviews, one down to his business model and the other with his level of cleaning. 

I’m expecting it to take a year to get up the client base, but I can’t get clients without the means to clean their windows.

I’m under no illusion that I’m going to be earning straight away, my area has 2 window cleaners covering a fairly wide area, having spoken with friends and neighbours that have used them both, neither have good reviews, one down to his business model and the other with his level of cleaning. 
I’m expecting it to take a year to get up the client base, but I can’t get clients without the means to clean their windows.

Fair do's mate, You could be in a fortunate position if you can offer a better and reliable service. Chris33 wrote a blog on here on his journey total novice to window cleaning over a year ago now has a successful business. You could learn how best to gain a solid client base.

I am a sole trader and 400ltrs has been more than enough these last 6 years but I having a 350ltr tank fitted by PureFreedom next year it will be more than enough and I have full rounds.

Regarding poles don't buy anything else other than a SLX from Gardiner Pole Systems a carbon fibre pole that comes with a free brush etc, Gardiners produce the best poles on the market by far. Don't be tempted to buy any other pole you will only end up regretting it

Thanks, this is exactly the kind of advice I’m looking for, I will find Chris’s blog and have a good read. As I say I’m under no illusion that it’s going to earn me a fortune right out of the gate, if at all, but I think I can offer a more professional service that’s likely to win me some customers. From being one of their customers myself I know what they are doing wrong, simple things make a difference.

I was tempted by the Ionic poles but after doing digging around today it seems gardiner SLX is the most preferred option so it looks like I will go with those. I think I’m leaning towards grippatank, it’s slightly more expensive but they will fit on my driveway which is far better for me, looks like a really good system too.

Is it worth getting 2 poles (a 25 and a 35) or will one long one suffice?

I would want to do guttering and soffits as well (a service my competitors don’t) would I need extra reach over the 25?
if you are down normal houses then no, I am only 5ft and can even reach the very top of soffits and fascia's on the sides of houses with my 22ft pole 

I would want to do guttering and soffits as well (a service my competitors don’t) would I need extra reach over the 25?
I use a 27ft pole and it reaches everything I've got, even high PVC apex's. Mines not a Gardiners pole mine water genie barracuda, which isn't carbon fibre, but just as good as a clx (Gardiner equivalent). I'd get a separate brush for gutters and take your pick of chems (loads of threads on here). Also if your doing gutter clearing, you'll need either a gutter vac (few hundred ££) or if you have ladders a progutter and Harris pole (£30ish).

I’m planning to get a separate brush for gutters and soffits do I guess it makes sense to get a separate pole too so they are always ready to go. I’m planning on a skyvac too.

I’m planning to get a separate brush for gutters and soffits do I guess it makes sense to get a separate pole too so they are always ready to go. I’m planning on a skyvac too.
brushes take less then a minute to change, so no point

Last edited by a moderator:
Back