gutter vac

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by norm, Feb 25, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. norm

norm Grand Master

doing a gutter job today with the vac and after finishing vac was stinking with sludge could just about lift it before lobbing it over the back fence
    then hosing and same several times over til clean
    hose filter and its sitting in front of the fire drying
    takes a bit of time this
    is there a quicker/handier method?
    anyone:D
    please

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I sometimes wonder why I bought one norm. I can earn my money quicker doing windows, but it comes in handy I suppose. I did 3 gutter jobs last week, earned some decent money, got covered in sh!te, van covered in mud and was hard work. I might sell it?

3. norm

norm Grand Master

yeah it took me an hour[with my son] to clean ladders vac and piggin stinking i guess it is good to have cus i couldnt have done it without vac
    when i gave the guy the price of 2 joining houses i gave his price and he asked was that between the 2 of them and i laughed and said no each thought he was going to cry:rolleyes:

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

what vac do you have now norm ?

5. norm

norm Grand Master

ets Smurf it performed well but afterwards it was a pain

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

It's all part of the job norm and yes dumping the waste can be a pain on that size drum when its full. I would never be able to lift mine over a fence on my own nor want to try when its full. That's one way to put your back out you nutter :D

7. norm

norm Grand Master

:D it was only about 6 inches packed and rest filthy water which run out of bottom when i used wee tube :rolleyes:
    was impressed with suction as was running 4kva generator and only 2 of 3 motors
    going to sell generator as i was saying to ya and use custys leccy as you do but this gave it a test before selling
    leaflet drop imminint :rolleyes:
    just have to suck it up and increase price to allow after clean:D

8. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Makes me laugh when I show them what's been sucked up and then say, where shall I put it. Their faces go blank haha. Well it's your rubbish Mrs, I don't want it :D

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

It's been quite manick for me lately norm what with all the rain as customers notice a wee bit more when water starts pouring over blocked gutters & downspouts onto their heads. I just love it when it rains.... ching ching :D

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#10 Smurf, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
    I had two like that today...the expresion on their faces was priceless :D

The third one was a hand job so just scrapped it back to me and instead of bagging it up I just dumped it straight from the gutters onto the overgrow gardens as they would not notice the difference anyway as was so bad:cool:

Advertisement