Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Liquidator + 25 degrees ... magical.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Eric Gilliand

OK so Herman's 25 degree mod is nothing new right? I mean, I've been singing its praises on my Wagtails for the best part of two years now. BUT...after a "Nod from Bob" (Polznbladz) I first of all 'butchered' my black handle Moerman. Pressed in the little button and using a protractor set the angle at 25 and glued and epoxied it. I then had a fixed 25 degree handle.Totally and utterly transformed the handle liquidator combination. Feel, glide accuracy were second to none on all sizes of channel 10 thru 22...It was honestly a revelation to this 4 year plus Wagtail user.

Ive always liked the feel of the blue bi-component handle and after further consultation with the 'oracle' I dismantled it, inserted it in a vice, closed it to finger tight and gently but firmly started incrementally bending the metal top section back to 25 degrees. Once finished I had to do a little bit of plier reworking on the bottom grip and in the second photo you see the result. The bi component/liquidator is now an absolutely stunning combination for channels 10-16". The larger handle 14-22"..

Any lingering issues some are having with the Liquidator channels could very well be sorted by trying this. Haven't tried it with other channels so cannot say whether this is universal but by gosh. It has certainly transformed the Liquidator. Huge shout out to Bob Hatt ...

View attachment 7458

Went to visit my brother and scrounge a cup of coffee off him at lunchtime today after finishing a large house, everything trad and in hand was using my modded bi component which worked like a dream. Brother has never used anything apart from his trusty old Ettore brass 12" for years. Handed him the Liquidator and scrubber and asked him to try it. Told him nothing about it just that the plastic clips aided in cutting down detailing and the plastic gave confidence when scraping against painted frames. He soaped up a couple of good sized windows on his house grabbed Liquidator and bladed both windows off in quick succession. Perfect results and he wasn't even trying. Asked for my scrim and I said why? He looked and agreed. He immediately felt the flatter angle and simply adjusted his 30 year technique to suit it. Said he liked it but he was happy enough with what he was used to... and that's perfectly fine. The point I'm making is with no prior knowledge of it he simply picked it up, felt the change in angle, adjusted and used it as he would any other squeegee but with the added advantage of keeping a scrim dry. Rocket science it is not...

Don't snore this time Mark

He said he couldn't sleep last time lol

But yes he is a top bloke and i will be seeing him at your show mate

Well done, I always felt there is something not right with the angle, as when I put the angle on the moerman handle to 0 degrees I got it too work well, but a stupid angle to try and fan with. Can you tell moermann or get Bob to email them to make the handle to have the handle to have this ability to be placed in this angle, or any angle of choice, they will make more money in the end, instead of having to mod it ourselves. Good job:thumbsup:

Well done, I always felt there is something not right with the angle, as when I put the angle on the moerman handle to 0 degrees I got it too work well, but a stupid angle to try and fan with. Can you tell moermann or get Bob to email them to make the handle to have the handle to have this ability to be placed in this angle, or any angle of choice, they will make more money in the end, instead of having to mod it ourselves. Good job:thumbsup:
Bomb their email and start a revolution... :)

View attachment 7490

Went to visit my brother and scrounge a cup of coffee off him at lunchtime today after finishing a large house, everything trad and in hand was using my modded bi component which worked like a dream. Brother has never used anything apart from his trusty old Ettore brass 12" for years. Handed him the Liquidator and scrubber and asked him to try it. Told him nothing about it just that the plastic clips aided in cutting down detailing and the plastic gave confidence when scraping against painted frames. He soaped up a couple of good sized windows on his house grabbed Liquidator and bladed both windows off in quick succession. Perfect results and he wasn't even trying. Asked for my scrim and I said why? He looked and agreed. He immediately felt the flatter angle and simply adjusted his 30 year technique to suit it. Said he liked it but he was happy enough with what he was used to... and that's perfectly fine. The point I'm making is with no prior knowledge of it he simply picked it up, felt the change in angle, adjusted and used it as he would any other squeegee but with the added advantage of keeping a scrim dry. Rocket science it is not...
I was very interested in this Eric, as you have seen my thread on putting the Liquidator into an ordinary squeegee handle, so I thought I'd try this with my ordinary (Unger) squeegee handle. I bent the top plate up 'til it looked almost straight, when I put the Liquidator channel to it, I was surprised to find that the under plate went straight on with no bending needed and the holes matching up. In a quick test it went very well, but I'll not know for sure if it is OK, but definitely seems good.

View attachment 10651
I was very interested in this Eric, as you have seen my thread on putting the Liquidator into an ordinary squeegee handle, so I thought I'd try this with my ordinary (Unger) squeegee handle. I bent the top plate up 'til it looked almost straight, when I put the Liquidator channel to it, I was surprised to find that the under plate went straight on with no bending needed and the holes matching up. In a quick test it went very well, but I'll not know for sure if it is OK, but definitely seems good.
It's seems counter intuitive. When they first came out we all thought that to use the Unger handles with the Liquidator the handle had to be lifted higher and almost a year later it's been turned on its head. Making the angle shallower gives more control and also seem to sort the ends jumping on the turn that some of the guys have issues with. Ain't life grand :)

It's seems counter intuitive. When they first came out we all thought that to use the Unger handles with the Liquidator the handle had to be lifted higher and almost a year later it's been turned on its head. Making the angle shallower gives more control and also seem to sort the ends jumping on the turn that some of the guys have issues with. Ain't life grand /emoticons/smile.png
I suppose we are all learning more as we go.

OK, I've been using it the last couple of days, and it is good. At first I had some difficulty getting it right, but then I realised I was compensating for the shallow angle, so started to treat it like an ordinary squeegee and it worked great. This is why your brother took to it so well, because he had no preconception and used it as he would an ordinary squeegee. The thing with my channel is that it was one of the first ones that didn't work very well, it is cut down to 20cm, and has only ever worked when I put in the Unger handle. I'm getting some longer channels soon, so will be keen to try them (the others I have are fixed into Wagtails). Well done that man!!

Back