Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dwell time

WCF

Help Support WCF:

J and S

Going to try this Blackwash out on a conservatory clean next week for first time...am impressed so far with the wall cappings I did on my own house last week....what sort of dwell time would you recommend and would you brush it in or just let soak?

How does the procedure differ, if any, using hypo?

You would honestly be better off keeping it till you got a mould stained patio or something. Conservatories clean up so easy with almost anything as they are only plastic.

I understand the 'got it so use it' mentality but I feel you are throwing money away using Blackwash on such a task.

I don't know the prices at present but is it not somewhere around £60 per barrel? Are you wanting you spend £60 off the income from a conny clean on product or would you not rather spend £5 on it and save the blackwash for when you do need heavy duty?

True....20l = £66....I bought it because I wanted to try the biocidal wash so thought might as well try this stuff as well.....used the biocidal wash last week on brickwork on the wall and already it's showing signs of disappearing....the black stuff on the wall that is not the wall.

Will stick to Ubik then...been getting great results with it.

Going to try this Blackwash out on a conservatory clean next week for first time...am impressed so far with the wall cappings I did on my own house last week....what sort of dwell time would you recommend and would you brush it in or just let soak?How does the procedure differ, if any, using hypo?
Blackwash is hypo just with their own added surfactant and a very healthy markup

I use hypo on conny roofs as it destroys everything quicktime but at 20 quid for 25l and only needing 1 and a bit litres per job it is very economical and the time saved is worth more money on a busy day

These 2 jobs i did last autumn in a time of about an hour per job for very good money

Would take a lot more than that scrubbing with ubik

IMG-20160803-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20160727-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20160727-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20160803-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20160803-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20160727-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20160727-WA0004.jpg

I used to use dish soap but now use cleverwash if i have any

Don't need much of it

2% is safe on upvc as stronger can turn it orange/yellow although it always changes back within a few hours and even lead will change back after a while but can take up to a day and a half to be back to normal

At 2% if you get a yellow spot you will.see it change back over the next few minutes while you are working from experience

I got my info from Mark Cave who runs the softwash uk forum and knows his stuff

With 15% hypo you need roughly 0.3 litres per litre of water

I used to use dish soap but now use cleverwash if i have anyDon't need much of it

2% is safe on upvc as stronger can turn it orange/yellow although it always changes back within a few hours and even lead will change back after a while but can take up to a day and a half to be back to normal

At 2% if you get a yellow spot you will.see it change back over the next few minutes while you are working from experience

I got my info from Mark Cave who runs the softwash uk forum and knows his stuff

With 15% hypo you need roughly 0.3 litres per litre of water
Thanks for info daveyboy.

I spoke to Mark Cave last week and he was very helpful, not just plugging his own mix and hypo but just giving general guidelines about a few things. I used the clever wash mixed to approx 2-2.5% on my concrete area in the garden, came up pretty good, I'll post some pictures on the softwash section.

I've got 2 con roofs this week so I will give it a try instead of the ubik2000, I've only recently tried ubik and thought it was pretty good but will try the hypo as well.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

It is on the finials where it really helps

Takes 2 applications for me

Spray the finials and the roof

Wait 10 minutes and most of the hypo has done it's job and is dead but still patches that need more so i spray the whole lot again

Wait 10 minutes and then give it a quick go over with my wfp with the water on

Basically it scrubs and rinses at the same time as most of the dirt has gone and the stubborn lichen/algae etc is dead and just brushes off easy

@James Allen has shown me some pics of a fascia job today that he hypo'd

Whole job in 10 minutes

Why wouldn't you swap the ubik for hypo??

Could you run a 2/3% hypo soloution through a gardiner backpack v3? Providing its rinsed n run through with tap water after the job?

As I'm thinking of trying instead of ubik on plastics, I use the backpack and one of DA's applicators to apply

Could you run a 2/3% hypo soloution through a gardiner backpack v3? Providing its rinsed n run through with tap water after the job?
As I'm thinking of trying instead of ubik on plastics, I use the backpack and one of DA's applicators to apply
Just what I was going to ask

I did for a while and Alex said it would be ok if rinsed but would void the warranty

Then i killed it using 100m of hose on it all the time and don't think the pump liked it but the hypo was ok in it

Even if you had to replace it every 6 months it would more than pay for itself

Just remember to put clean water in it after use and flush it properly by running it for a minute or so to flush the pipes and pump well

I got 1 of these to treat conny roofs etc

Just need to extend the hose before Thursday as i use a harris pole with fan jet on the end to treat them and fascias

Will have to stop to re pressurise occasionally but no problem and no expense if it breaks

Came with spare o rings etc too so no hassle if hypo ruins the seal

Wouldn't want to carry it on my back full up but would be ok half full to do a small patio type job

Backpack Sprayer 16Ltr

I regularly put much stronger mixes through mine it's about 3 years old now I use it for hypo, virosol,Tfr, it's still going strong , I know it would invalidate the warranted but Ime not worked about that one job and it's more than paid for its self , I view it as a consumable and would replace it as needed , I do flush it out after using hypo but keep a virosol mix in it all the time for plastic cleans

Back