Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Windows 10 - George and Pocket George

WCF

Help Support WCF:

spruce

The Sprucefather
Hi

Is there anyone using George and Pocket George window cleaning software on Windows 10 successfully please?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I'm using aworka on windows 10. With no problems
Thanks.

George was before Aworka and pocket george was on a palm pda.

I know George works but its synchronizing with the Palm pda was an issue at one time. I don't want to give up Pocket George  atm.

I'm still using Windows XP but sooner or later that has to be updated.

Never used pocket George but I do use George on window 10 no problems I encountered so far.

I use both on windows 10. As far as I know no windows 10 related issues, my problem was my laptop only had usb ports and PDA only had old style 11 pin connector

I love it. Used George since February then in the summer I bought a PDA for £5 off eBay to upgrade. Total cost for life = £55. Sure it's it as flash a cleaner planner but loads cheaper

Is there anything in particular you are worried about @spruce and I can check it out for you

I've used George since I started and I really like it. Been using it on windows 10 for ages with no issues. Tried using it on a windows 10 tablet and it works fine on there also but found it a bit awkward to use and preferred just using on laptop.

Ive just decided I'm going to move over to aworka, trialled it a couple of times in the past but been reluctant to switch from George as it's so simple.

My current way of working is get home mark everything off as paid, look on PayPal, bank account and mark off payments..go on go cardless and manually take payments. Then look at no payers and send texts out, then look at tomorrow's work and send texts for gates if needed. Need to print of sheets I only do once a week, bit it can leave me flicking through them each day putting work together. The whole process doesn't take that lot but I think it could be simplified, I'm hoping aworka go cardless integration, end of day syncing and bulk texting will save me time not to mention paper and ink. 

I use both on windows 10. As far as I know no windows 10 related issues, my problem was my laptop only had usb ports and PDA only had old style 11 pin connector

I love it. Used George since February then in the summer I bought a PDA for £5 off eBay to upgrade. Total cost for life = £55. Sure it's it as flash a cleaner planner but loads cheaper

Is there anything in particular you are worried about @spruce and I can check it out for you
Thanks for the reply.

It was just synchronising pocket george with george on windows 10. We currently update the pda with the computer with a usb port.

There were issues at one time with the sync via usb and it had to be done with other means - blue tooth I think it was. I think that was on windows 7 but it could have been with Vista that the rot set in.

I think it also has to be window 10 x32 not x64.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used George since I started and I really like it. Been using it on windows 10 for ages with no issues. Tried using it on a windows 10 tablet and it works fine on there also but found it a bit awkward to use and preferred just using on laptop.

Ive just decided I'm going to move over to aworka, trialled it a couple of times in the past but been reluctant to switch from George as it's so simple.

My current way of working is get home mark everything off as paid, look on PayPal, bank account and mark off payments..go on go cardless and manually take payments. Then look at no payers and send texts out, then look at tomorrow's work and send texts for gates if needed. Need to print of sheets I only do once a week, bit it can leave me flicking through them each day putting work together. The whole process doesn't take that lot but I think it could be simplified, I'm hoping aworka go cardless integration, end of day syncing and bulk texting will save me time not to mention paper and ink. 
We've been with George since its early days. It didn't have anywhere near the features it does now, but as we grew it has become the control of our business. Its simple and I'm happy not to be paying out a monthly fee for a cloud based system. It works for us.

It didn't have an invoicing or expense facilities then so we developed our own excel system for that which we still use today. The only connection I have on my phone with the internet is via homebased wifi.

Only problem was finding the right driver so it would pick up PDA. Mine doesn't have Bluetooth...

Thanks for your input, its much appreciated.

I did find some drivers listed somewhere so I guess the next step is to get a new hard drive, install windows 10 and then instal george and see what happens. I wouldn't want to format my current harddrive just in case it doesn't work. But that will be at a future date.

Back