Guttering

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by kars, Jun 18, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. kars

kars Guest

Hiya. How do you guys go about pricing clearing guttering. got a request from a customer and the boys just shrug their shoulders say they're not sure and they just decide when they get to the job!!! Dah! Would like to look abit more proffesional than that! lol

Advertisement
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Lol I don't clear but will clean outside with wfp. I charge about £1-2 a meter usually the brackets are spaced about that so easy to work out.

3. nearlyclean

Supplier

4-5 pound a meter and add on 20 pound works for me I usually hit my hourly rate.

4. kars

kars Guest

ok so does that mean you would charge 4-5 pound per meter and then charge your hourly rate on top of that or is it inclusive. Also how long can it take to do per meter?? Can honestly say i never noticed how long it took to do mine in the past (council did it) now my partner does it when hes board!
    Also what do you do with the gunk thats removed?? lol should we take it away or should we chuck it in one of their bins/compost heaps?
    sorry but it wasnt something i really thought about before!!!

5. nearlyclean

Supplier

No I dont charge an hourly rate but has found 4-5 pound a meter but if there is only 5 meters to do that £45 pound take about hour to clean.Put the rubbish in their bin never take it away

6. Cleaning the outside of the guttering is easy but and sometimes on bungalows I just do it for free; but guttering.....
    Cleaning guttering nearly always takes longer than you think. Yesterday I had a house to do in and ended up on the top of a ladder in torrential rain with thunder and lightning!!!
    I worked out it would take an hour so charged £50. Her guttering was full and it was dripping everywhere so when I finished I had to clean the guttering and then the windows - took me 3 hours for £ 50 (and then she moaned that the gutter was dripping which wasn't my fault but due to the guttering angles being all wrong).

I now have a new rule - I will never clear guttering again - never. Cleaning windows is easy so I will stick to that.

In fact I am thinking of not cleaning any more soffits as lately they have all been so dirty and my neck hurts (must be getting too old).

So...my advice is just say no thanks as the only way to price it is after the job is done or pick a decent price, double it, then double that, then triple that for good measure!!!!!

:D:(:D

7. Windowwhiz

Windowwhiz Guest

Here here ! I totally agree :D

8. MPooley

MPooley Member

Yep, I've learnt the hard way recently - always say no to everything else!! I love my job cleaning windows, why ruin in with pain!!

9. I charge £3.50 per metre if the gutter isn't too bad and £5 per metre if its quit bad

10. kars

kars Guest

Well as it turns out we wernt asked to clean one gutter this winter so problem solved! lol but thanks for the advice. Good to no just incase.

Advertisement