Guttervac tips anyone...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by koopmaster, Jul 18, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

Sooo I just got a guttervac and the poles and after some more helpful info I got 5 m of hose and am ready to start next week doing gutters.

Does anyone have any tips to tell me to save me making all the mistakes that you've already made.

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Do em by hand and charge the earth :whistle:

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

:rofl:

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Stick too easy 2 storey jobs or bugalows would be my advice & be prepared to use a gutter clearng ladder setup like I use to do a proper job.
    Good luck :thumbsup:

5. norm

norm Grand Master

always takes me longer than i think it will :rolleyes:

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Yep it can quite often norm

7. norm

norm Grand Master

i think nothing beats experience Smurf
    and even then tis tricky go high money wise would be what you experienced profesionals do Smurf prices :thumbsup:

8. TolishAPurd

Yep, the more you do it, the more you realise how much higher you need to charge. When I first got into it, I was charging £40 for a clearout of a standard 2-3 bed. But I soon realised that the work was hard, especially when the gutters are really full, and you can't fit your hands or tools in them, and the access is difficult, and you look down and realise that your life could be over with one wrong move, and you get a face full of gutter bukkake, and your hands and ladder are covered in ****, and.....all of a sudden, that 40quid aint worth the bother.

9. cheapncheerful

but i a professional now....i carry dirty clothes in the car whilst i do gutter cleans...of course ...i take them off to soon and cant be ar sed to put them back on when i notice i have left the conny...and of course that was the dirtiest....:turd::(

10. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

Can't be bothered to carry both ladders anymore. That's why I put all the guttering on hold for 6 months. Didn't want to climb up there anymore. Whole thing was expensive £360 for all the guttervac.

Advertisement