Guttervacs & awkward badly blocked downspouts/sods

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by Smurf, May 8, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I failed to clear the taller blocked downspout using my guttervac in pic . That's even trying for ages to break up the sod using a hook.

GOPR0558.JPG

GOPR0554.jpg

GOPR05542 3.jpg

GOPR05542 2.jpg

GOPR0555 corner.jpg

Ignore the lower section (left) as that has been cleared but as you can see the consevatory is in the way to get at the taller one properly.

Now what would you suggest to try clearing it? :rolleyes:

Advertisement
  2. mr shine

mr shine Guru

you could try flodding the sod with your wfp to soften it up and hopefully the vac might take it out ,failing that break out your tripple ladders lol or a cherry picker

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Normally instead of ******* about too much with a guttervac I would get me ladders out and clear sods & blocked downspouts by hand.

However on that one is going to be a pig as can't get to it from either side wall. The only option is to set the ladder on the corner that's if I had a decent corner stand off as the poxy "v" shaped one will not work on that corner because the downpipe is in the way.

Yes I know I can just rest the corner on the middle of a rung or use that poxy v standoff resting part on the downpipe but both is a big risk at that height.

Why is it the yanks seem to do good corner stand offs and the ones you can get in the UK are shite? :rolleyes:

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I also have a 7.1 metre telecopic pressure washer lance but if you have ever used one fully extended with a gutter clearing bend they are very whippy and great fun to control

Not only that your mate frank can blow bits off plastic guttering including end caps & downspout swan neck bends. Then you have to somehow get up there and sort that out. Plus it blasts **** everywhere :itwasntme: :D

5. mr shine

mr shine Guru

the telescopic lance with the u shape attachment and low pressure has got me out of trouble a few times

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I have this 7.3 lance which is heavy whippy ****

8. mr shine

mr shine Guru

very similar to the one in the video , i got it from jetmac . i know there very whippy at full extension but it might sort this for you

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

It might indeed but still how am I going to get up there if something goes wrong which is my main concern using a telecopic pressure washer lance on that one.

Advertisement