Guys with 650 litre fixed tanks or higher, who do you insure with?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Trev81, Jul 3, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

Hi guys,

Found out today that my current insurer won't insure me with a fixed tank over 500 litres, bascially had the van insured with them before it was fitted out then called them up to tell them about the fixed tank and other bits I want insuring as goods in transit etc, had a shop about briefly with others and getting silly quotes, who do you use for your van insurance, fixed goods in transit and removable goods in transit as looking for new insurer within the next 7 days.

Advertisement
  2. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

Nobody ? :confused:

3. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I have a 400 ltr tank. I insure with A-Plan.

I will be upgrading to a 650,........Hope you are not with A-Plan or I might be in the same situation.

4. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

They can't penalise you for carrying water, they wouldn't penalise a builder for carrying a ton of bricks round....
    Separate business insurance is available for goods in transit and tools/equipment etc.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

5. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

I have a 600 litre in my primastar and am insured with brentacre

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

6. shazzy692002

I have 500l I use aplan they are very good. if you get a quote with them, use my name as we both get £25 m and s vouchers lol.

7. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

It seems some insurers can when it comes to fitted water tanks, my current insurer has now ceased my insurance after I told them about the fitted tank stating that they would only insure up to a 500L tank and would incure a £89 fee to allow it, but that £89 fee is only a fee to allow me to drive legally in the van, if it was stolen they would not pay out the £7500 extra which would cover my tank system.

I have been dealing with GT insurance in Notts who have given a quote which included the van and cover for all fixed items but not items that can be stolen out the back ie poles etc, so will try A-plan and see what they quote. It may the a case of insuring the van and fixed equipment with one policy and all removable items with a seperate policy.

8. shazzy692002

Let us know how you get on.

9. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Holy craps another blast from the past Eyup Sharon.

10. shazzy692002

I never left, but don't come on here very often now.

Advertisement