Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Part Time Jobs?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

A.K WINDOWS

How many people on here do a part time job and work for them selfs?

ive applied for 12 jobs now doing allsorts business is very bad at the min and im thinking of folding up or keeping hold of the good jobs i have and getting a job,im sick of the strees and laid in bed everynight wide awake thinking of how to make money and wondering were my next £ is coming from.

i do well 6 months out of the year then i have 6 months of nothing had a bad year last year due to the weather.

finding it hard to get any jobs and im coming in at low prices this is for both my garden business and the small amount of windows i have.

cant cope with the stress it brings i got mouths to feed and there is jack shat about.till march for me.

Anyne else been here or having these issues?

houses are hard come by round here there just not interested mate,and im not traveling miles out for the prices there worth if yer get me.

Yeah mate, am in the same boat as you pal.

Its hard building a round up, wfp is great but many poeple where I live have no idea what it is and think its **** without even using it.

Garden work is good in summer, I do cut lawns and hedges, but this work drops dead in winter.

I have applied for part time jobs, but to be honest mate, I couldnt go back, the work I do, now, can get good money even for say an hours work(say £20) would have to work 4 hours for someone else to get the same pay..

Theirs work everywer mate? Just gotta work for it?
i know mate but ive been everywere new builds ect flyers cards emails phone calls nothing!im advertised all over the net got website you name it there no money about really getting to me cant keep working just 6 months of year just cant get enough behind me to last the bad period due to running costs ect thank fully ive no debt but still have to live.

Yeah mate, am in the same boat as you pal.
Its hard building a round up, wfp is great but many poeple where I live have no idea what it is and think its **** without even using it.

Garden work is good in summer, I do cut lawns and hedges, but this work drops dead in winter.

I have applied for part time jobs, but to be honest mate, I couldnt go back, the work I do, now, can get good money even for say an hours work(say £20) would have to work 4 hours for someone else to get the same pay..
true G mate but all i need is a garanteed £150 a week to keep a float so we can buy food and put some fuel in the van i cant even find that at the min earnt £100 since before xmas!!
in summer its great but spend half yer time digging yer sen out of what you got into in winter its a bad circle

Ah mate I feel your pain. When I started my business I was working full time for another company. I was made redundant but luckily enough I had my business to fall back into.

The redundancy money didn't last long and I was like you, losing sleep at night wondering how I'm going to pay the next bill!

I applied for loads of jobs so I couldn't continue building my "round" in a manner of speaking. Eventually I just gave up the job hunt and gave my business another push. Two years later and I'm FINALLY able to support myself with the company. I was lucky because I had my redundancy money and a lot of savings to support me on my journey.

I think your situation sounds very similar but only you can make the decision that's right for you. I think getting a part time job sounds like a sensible idea as it will support you financially while you're building up your round.

Whatever decision you make, me it because its what you want to do.

I feel your pain mate but from a different perspective .

Ive felt like jacking it in endless times but I know it will take time for me to build this business .

AK I feel for ya kid. I thought about buying and selling on ebay. Just got to spend a load of time scouring for good deals! How about using your van for courier work? Try Hermes, they deliver for Next etc and pay a quid per parcel.

cheers lads ill keep plugging away but i think a part time job is a must to be fair keep my stress down am not kidding you but since summer has ended ive been ill not rite been to the docs white blood cells are sky high got suspected gallstones and liver values are up dont know what its all about but i dont think i got gallstones i think its all stress got mad pains that come and go all in my side.

this is how bad it gets me,

AK I feel for ya kid. I thought about buying and selling on ebay. Just got to spend a load of time scouring for good deals! How about using your van for courier work? Try Hermes' date=' they deliver for Next etc and pay a quid per parcel.[/quote']ive sent off to work for that hermes mate havnt heard anything they i applied the day the put out for drivers.ive solt allsorts latley mate to get by mainly my belongings lol sad state of affairs but ill get threw it,never know it so bad.

Lolz, I thought you might say that. I've still got some si coats from 15 years or more ago and I still have no intention of getting rid of them. They just sit in a cupboard.

they become a collectors thing dont they mate ive got a SI custom made dog collar and got a harness done too a couple of year back ill send you a PM later lol had some funny looks like ha

im in Leeds pal.
I dont want this to turn into a North Vs South thread. But i have to say from what i gather from friends in WC and who live north of me. There just isnt the money about.

I have picked up maybe 7 jobs so far this year and thats from people seeing my van. Now i KNOW about 80% of the cleaners in one town, and there is like 8 of us. So work is about.

It does sound like £ up north is the problem.

Hell if i had the choice between clean windows or food. Sod the windows.

Again, i dont want this into a south is rich, north is poor.

If i was you bud, keep at the windows but deffo look for another job (part time)

Back