Had A Look At Reach It Pole

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by nearlyclean, May 14, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. nearlyclean

Supplier

Been thinking about getting another pole for my above 30 ft work was thinking of getting a slx but saw a couple of posts on Facebook about this reach-it pole. Anyway Richard brought a couple down to me today to have a look at. And I was totally blown away by the build quality and how easy they are to use. I think this is a pole that could take Gardiner crown. If anyone is thinking about getting a pole this certainly worth looking at. Didn't use it long enough to write a proper review. They have these extension that take the pole from 25ft to 35ft on the mini not sure what length of the longer pole was.

Advertisement
  2. spruce

spruce Grand Master

They have been available for years. I'm sure if they were going to give Gardiners a run for their money they would have done it by now.

You tube is full of videos by Perry Tait.

3. Mike @ Facelift

Available at WCW for a while...

Nice packaging and good looking carbon but no demand for them as a product.

4. nearlyclean

Supplier

This was a new design, He showed me the old design and this new pole was solid and very well built. I've used most poles on the market but this had some unique features

5. Mike @ Facelift

Great to have another ingredient in the WFP Mix...

6. nearlyclean

Supplier

The window cleaner is the winner as this can only keep the development of poles getting better

7. mark m

mark m Hero

So very true

8. nearlyclean

Supplier

Why do think there was no demand? I suppose with the 3 year warranty They must be quite confident that they will last a long time, I can imagine your after sales and repeat business could be a factor in this.

9. spruce

spruce Grand Master

Warranty: interesting marketing tool to get you the buyer all excited to be involved in the product you are looking at.

A warranty on a new product is a guarantee by the manufacturer that this product you are buying is free from defects for the period of the warranty. This covers you against failures do to manufacturing material defects or assemby defects. Fair wear and tear and/or product failure due to abuse by the user is excluded from a warranty. As the product, Reach-it poles in this instance, gets older the chances of a failure due to manufacturing defects very quickly disappears and failures due to wear and tear increase. Eventually they are the only reason for failure, even within that warranty period.

So Reach-it could have given you a 10 year warranty. It wouldn't have changed anything on their side.

However, if Richard told you that the pole had a 10 year warranty, how would you have reacted? No carbon fibre pole would last 10 years - you would be suspicious, a little less trusting as you wouldn't believe that would be possible. Now you have doubts which will sway your purchasing decision.

But 3 years got you hooked; it must be a brilliant pole, etc. If they give it a 3 year warranty, I can expect this pole to last 5 years - Wow.

Mike says there is no demand for the product - its all about acceptance and Holden isn't an accepted brand name in the UK but the Ozies love it.

10. nearlyclean

Supplier

They did come with a 10 year warranty at the beginning but everyone thought it was pie in the sky. I do agree with you Spruce but even a Kia comes with a 10 year warranty you have to check the small print. Kia was a joke not so many years ago. I just took the pole on face value, I would choose that pole because I think it is a better pole. Just as other prefer other makes of poles.

Advertisement